Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to go with my E30 exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philo View Post
    When they assemble the exhaust, you can have them do slanted or straight tips. I'm fairly certain it is an option. Even if it is not, it would be very simple to slant them during assembly. It is a custom, made to order exhaust, no reason why they wouldn't accommodate you.
    I'll check with them.

Comment

No can do.

Comment

Originally posted by 3bvert View Post
        do you still have the stock front muffler or cat ?

I have a magnaflow on the back, the litte stock front resanoator ( put back on, the magnaflow alone was too raspy, it helped some)
        but the past few days the car has run like crap, I wonder if my catalytic converter ( stock) is getting plugged .(17 years old) might have to replace it with a magnaflow cat ( compression good, plugs good, fuel flow good, running like a ....plugged muffler, but those resanoators are straight through so thats not it)
        luckily IM not in california ( magnflow cats are not approved in california, who knows, maybe the state of ca has found it causes cancer and birth defects :) )
        wrong. magnaflow makes cats that are legal in california. you just need to make sure to order the right one.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by red325 View Post
          No can do.
          WOW, thats intense. Well, I'm not particular on the look of my exhaust as long as it isn't sticking out a foot. I still think the stromung is the best for the $, even though it's BS that they can't do something as simple as slant the tips. Any competent exhaust shop can make that happen in minutes.
          -tim
          Originally posted by Jordan
          I like the stance
          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
            WOW, thats intense. Well, I'm not particular on the look of my exhaust as long as it isn't sticking out a foot. I still think the stromung is the best for the $, even though it's BS that they can't do something as simple as slant the tips. Any competent exhaust shop can make that happen in minutes.
            Well it kind of makes sense I guess. The system is made to have straight pipes, so if they were bent, the whole system would need to move to the left or the right in order to have the pipes come out of the normal spot. Right?

Comment

Can someone please help me.

I'm now debating between:

Stromung http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-exhaust.shtml

Supersprint http://store.bimmerworld.com/shared/...t=products.asp

Ana also, what does it mean in the description of the supersprint that it includes a performance header? I know that can't mean "headers" or that'd be one hell of a buy.

Please give your advice, and opinions on the exhaust systems. I want to know the advantges/disadvantages of them, which one you like better, and why.

And if you have any other exhaust systems to suggest feel free to do so.

Comment

got the car back from the exhaust shop today. 2.5" from the head back. walker high flow cat and borla muffler....no tips yet...lol

http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=SDC10602.flv
                Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

I'm now debating between:

Stromung http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-exhaust.shtml

Supersprint

Please give your advice, and opinions on the exhaust systems. I want to know the advantges/disadvantages of them, which one you like better, and why.

And if you have any other exhaust systems to suggest feel free to do so.

Comment

^^ of those two I think I like the Stromung better. But most of those are way too expensive IMHO. I recently went from a B&B Tri-flo (too loud) to an Ireland. The IE is pretty plain/stock looking but it sounds great to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                      ^^ of those two I think I like the Stromung better. But most of those are way too expensive IMHO. I recently went from a B&B Tri-flo (too loud) to an Ireland. The IE is pretty plain/stock looking but it sounds great to me.
                      I agree with you. Stromung is best. I have the IE, and feel the same way.
                      -tim
                      Originally posted by Jordan
                      I like the stance
                      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

drilled 4 holes in my stock muffler today...sounds kinda wack when ideling...but very sick over 1500RPM and all the way to the redline.

Best free Mod ever.
                        Originally posted by e30e
                        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                          drilled 4 holes in my stock muffler today...sounds kinda wack when ideling...but very sick over 1500RPM and all the way to the redline.

Best free Mod ever.
                          hahaha

Comment

Thanks for the input, I'll probably be ordering the stromung next weekend.

Where can I order a new hangar, muffler strip, gaskets and any other mounting hardware I need?

Comment

Originally posted by red325 View Post
                              Thanks for the input, I'll probably be ordering the stromung next weekend.

Where can I order a new hangar, muffler strip, gaskets and any other mounting hardware I need?
                              where do you order the Stromung from? i wouldn't mind getting one over the winter.
                              Originally posted by e30e
                              lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

understeer.com

They're made to order now so they take 3-4 weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X