MagnaFlow 14815 sound on m42???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MagnaFlow 14815 sound on m42???

Hey, I was planning on getting a 325i and slap a 14815 in because I just freaking love the sound it makes. But I ended up getting a 1991 318is and although my stock exhaust is fine, I would love nothing more to get it sounding as close as possible to a 14815

I know its a 4 and all but does anyone know what I can do to make it sound like that??? Exhaust or more!:D:D:D??

thanks so much heres the vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwKOn19wK9U

Bump

Comment

mine sounds just like and/or better, to me atleast.
      i cut the muffler off and put some 1 3/4 pipes to 2" tips. sounds beastly.
      i tried to do a soundclip with my phone, but messed up, gonna try again a lil later if you want to hear it...

Comment

you need 2 more cylinders, no way you can make it sound like that I'm afraid.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
          mine sounds just like and/or better, to me atleast.
          i cut the muffler off and put some 1 3/4 pipes to 2" tips. sounds beastly.
          i tried to do a soundclip with my phone, but messed up, gonna try again a lil later if you want to hear it...
          I would LOVE to hear it thanks!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Found a good sounding one, anyone know the details of it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8DG0e_kQeI

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
                Found a good sounding one, anyone know the details of it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8DG0e_kQeI
                The youtube description just says its a supersprint exhaust. So Im guessing a supersprint catback.

G.Verelli

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
                  The youtube description just says its a supersprint exhaust. So Im guessing a supersprint catback.
                  I find your logic to be flawed sir. That is a great leap from "supersprint exhaust" to "supersprint catback."

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                    I find your logic to be flawed sir. That is a great leap from "supersprint exhaust" to "supersprint catback."
                    True say. With a vague description as that it can probably be anyones guess what it is, I was just guessing its a supersprint catback because the youtube description said "equipped with a supersprint exhaust", so it was an educated guess...kinda

But for the OP, found this vid and sounds excellent.

and this one,

G.Verelli

Comment

I find your first link one a bit fartcanny, I need to know the details of the link I posted but the guy isn't answering me, ARG, I kill :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        does SS make anything for an M42 but a catback?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^ I did not think that SS made anything else besides a catback, that's why I took an educated guess, I could be wrong??

G.Verelli

Comment

no I think you are right. Even if they did, it's unlikely somebody would spend the $1500 or whatever it would cost for the entire setup.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Bump. Got a reply from the dude, here is what he said: Hi Mart!

Thanks for your interest!
                              Simply it's a Supersprint Exhaust with selfmade exhaust tip which has a diameter of 80mm and i'm running stock headers and stock cat!
                              The middle silencer has been completely replaced by a straight pipe with a slightly larger diameter!
                              The car is also equipped with a group n ecu!
                              Overall it has a nice crispy sound but for our noise regulations here in Austria it's way too loud... But who cares!! :-)

Horsepower is around 155 and the supersprint on its own gives a little more top end power, you can even feel it!
                              The reprogrammed ecu sets the rev limit to 7500rpm and has a reprogrammed fuel/ignition mapping!
                              You can really feel it on this engine!

Best regards

Gernot

Can you guys decode this?

Comment

Working...
                              X