Do all years use the same exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do all years use the same exhaust?

Tried searching, but I couldn't find anything...so will an exhaust for an 87 325i fit on an 89 325i? I assume it will, but Pelican has two different part numbers for E30 exhaust systems - one for 'up to' 09/87, and one for 'from' 09/87. Just want to check as someone local to me has a brand new OEM system for sale but it's for an '87 and I have an '89. Thanks
    2004 VW R32
    2002 VW Passat 1.8T
    1989 BMW 325i

It will fit. The only exception I can think of would be if you were in Europe where they switched from a 3 piece to a 2 piece exhaust system and had systems with and without cats.
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

^^this and- i's should swap over fine. just don't try and mix e's and i's. they have different back pressures for the engine
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

^^this and- i's should swap over fine. just don't try and mix e's and i's. they have different back pressures for the engine
        Really? Can you explain this back pressure difference? What would the result be of putting an i exhaust on an e car?

Comment

1988 (super) eta's had i exhausts. 9/87 cutoff would coincide with the introduction of the super eta, which used i exhausts, and no eta's after the 1988.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by JinormusJ
          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Really? Can you explain this back pressure difference? What would the result be of putting an i exhaust on an e car?

Comment

I would imagine the i cars have more free flowing exhaust (higher output engine). From what I have heard the e cars (and m10's) need exhaust back pressure to help close the exhaust valves since they only have single valve springs. But I could be completely wrong. Sometimes I read stuff wrong...I am a product of public education afterall.
              85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
                I would imagine the i cars have more free flowing exhaust (higher output engine). From what I have heard the e cars (and m10's) need exhaust back pressure to help close the exhaust valves since they only have single valve springs. But I could be completely wrong. Sometimes I read stuff wrong...I am a product of public education afterall.
                Yeah, no
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
                  I am a product of public education afterall.
                  Your post was not faulted by government-funded schooling
                  Originally posted by RUFFLZ
                  #BANDISNIGGA
                  Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  Why the fuck would you ever put a drink up there? If you ever have a drink to hold, just put it between your legs. You know, where your balls used to be before you had a girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                  X