Ebay Exhaust *It gets good*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Exhaust *It gets good*

So those of you who currently have the ebay exhaust or plan to get the version that retails for $300 with an x-pipe are in for a reallll treat....

As it turns out, these are Supersprint replicas if you would like to call it that. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually are the authentic ones given how it compared to my buddies real SS only in an unfinished form (I mean unpainted in black). Everything down to the welds, piping, dimensions, and bending are exactly like the authentic supersprint my buddy has on his car.

In any event, for potential buyers I am coordinating with the seller to see if there is a possibility of a group buy if there are enough interests in this thread

Enough chit chat, here are the pictures of the exhaust shipped to me and how they compared to my buddies actual supersprint exhaust (he was more pissed that he shelled out $700 for his).

How it compares to the ireland engineering exhaust:

Now unfortunately, my buddy didn't take his version off his car so I hope these individual pics of each exhaust serves as a good comparison.

Supersprint:

Undet my buddies car with an ss

Ebay-Xpipe version

Group Buy link
    Last edited by bmwstephen; 11-01-2011, 09:57 AM.

subscribed, probably in for group buy :-)
    I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

My supersprint on my vert looks exactly like that ebay one to the t, other then that one not being black. I wonder if they sound the same.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
        My supersprint on my vert looks exactly like that ebay one to the t, other then that one not being black. I wonder if they sound the same.
        indeed they do. both super quiet only slightly louder than stock

Comment

I can't see the pics, but if true, that's really awesome! I had a supersprint catback originally, I loved it. Quiet when it needed to be (99% of the time), but a really nice tone under load and a nice burble at idle. It was quiet enough that I could roll up to people's houses without them hearing me at all. The quality is fantastic too (obviously). Mine did eventually rust, but it was probably 15+ years old by the time I wanted an upgrade (it hadn't gone all the way through, but it wasn't saleable anymore).
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have that burble at idle.. What design in the exhaust causes that? I say that is my only complaint of the unit but it is only noticable when im standing right next to it

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Comment

Subscribed. Very interested in this.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

If all the Supersprints look like the one shown above then the ebay one is not an unpainted one. The X portion of the Supersprint system is separate and welded on where on the Ebay one each side of the X is part of a main tube (not a separate X)

It looks reasonable viewing it on the computer anyways.
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

i need super quiet but better than stock
                  -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                  -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                  MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                  Got Drop?? ;-)
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  But of course
                  E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    If all the Supersprints look like the one shown above then the ebay one is not an unpainted one. The X portion of the Supersprint system is separate and welded on where on the Ebay one each side of the X is part of a main tube (not a separate X)

It looks reasonable viewing it on the computer anyways.
                    Thats true but there seems to be variation of small details even on an authentic ss. For example, the hook (used for suspending the exhaust during paint ) on a real SS can be either on the center or on the side of the muffler.

In addition, one peraon who was successful at buying one from last years batch had those welds you are describing. Regardless, i suppose a fitting name would be SuperSprint catback replicas.

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge
                    Last edited by bmwstephen; 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

link to newly setup group buy

Comment

Damn that looks sweet and the group buy would be a deal. I'll be subscribed just in case god smiles on me in the next couple weeks.

Nice find sir!
                        Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

That is interesting to know that Ebay has pulled through with a good product this time.

Comment

Working...
                          X