Exhaust Question...and then some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Question...and then some

What is the best exhaust for an e30? Or i guess more popular. Kinda looking for a sporty but deep sounding sport sound. Also what are some very popular mods that are effectice for the e30? Little more performance and handling is what im lookin for

Wait how dose an exhaust give you better handling?

Anyways all the cool kids have supersprint cat backs. If you want more power combine that with some good headers and that's it.
    sigpic

Comment

3 threads for this, wowwwwwwwwwww

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
      Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
      I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

^ Really where are the other 2. I want to put different replies in them, so I can confuses him.

sigpic

Comment

so supersprint is the best?

Comment

'What are some popular mods for an e30?'
            I'm thankful that I was able to use the search function and avoid this noobness.
            I cringe every time someone asks this.
            E30 buildy things
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Well you are pretty vauge on what you mean by the best.

Best power
              Best Sound
              Best Materials

???

Supersprints have a high quality job, they are not heaps loud from what I have heard but give a nice sound. Cat back systems don't really increase your power, if any at all. If you want more power focus on good headers with a nice cat back system. If you want something louder I believe Remus stuff is loud.

End of the day trying to get more power from an N/A is not easy. The only real way is to get everything done at once so it all matches you can get an awesome exhaust but that wont help if the head dose not flow well, which wont help if the you don't have the right cams for it, which won't help if the induction system is restrictive, which won't do shit unless you get a custom map.

See what I am getting at, getting an exhaust for power increase is a waste of time and money just get something that sounds good and looks nice.
              sigpic

Comment

when im talking about power and handeling...i didnt mean exhaust. i ment in general. sorry im just tryin to make my e30 a little better than stock with my budget

Comment

Well what kind of E30 do you have 318is, 325i? How much money do you have? and what is more important to you handling or strait line speed?
                  sigpic

Comment

v8 swap bro, no replacement fer displacement!!! 'merica!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by e30hijinks
                    I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

Ok so I sore you duplicate post in the M42 area. Don't do that shit people don't like that and you may never get a serious reply. Also think about what you write a bit more you didn't tell us what kind of E30 you have how much you want to spend, weather handling or power is more important. Do you prefer function over form, and what is your tolerance it being uncomphortable, e.g stiff race springs or harder then stock sports springs.

Now handling wise the best bet is the Billie sport shocks and H&R springs combo. There are the sports springs and race springs if you go to E30tech.com under the suspension area there is a spring rate master list that will give you the spring rates, and under the suspension area here there is a ride height thread where people have posted picture of there car's and what suspension they have.

Depending on how much you have to spend and weather you are doing it your self or not replace all you rubber bushes this makes a world of differance and will make your car feel good. Personally I would recommend getting the Blunttech.com suspension refresh kit then decided on springs and shocks once you have general stuff refreshed.

For power if it is in fact a M42 go get a chip best bang for buck. Then a new cone filter with head shield (the shield is very important), also upgrade to mustang fuel injectors, do the "mess under the intake job". Then look at the exhaust, although the 318is came with headers they are not that good so maybe some nice new headers and supersprint cat back.

There is also the M20 flywheel conversion which I have not done my self but have heard is a great up grade. Most of the power stuff I have mentioned can be found on the M42club.com if you use the SEARCH BUTTON.

I should also recommend good tires. by far the best tire I have used are the Dunlop Z1 Star Spec.
                      Last edited by Massimo; 11-10-2011, 10:55 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I find no exhaust to be the most "band for the buck"
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                          I find no exhaust to be the most "band for the buck"

Just go top fueller style and have 4 pipes coming out of the bonnet.

Wait you have a 325? Why the fuck did you post in the M42 section you have a M20 fuck me. Anyways seems as though stuff has already been done to your car please list what they fuck has already been done.
                          Last edited by Massimo; 11-10-2011, 10:53 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

ive ran a shorty muffler delete for like 7 months haha. but that was almost a year ago

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                            RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Straight pipes, BECAUSE RACECAR.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Working...
                              X