No announcement yet.

Exhaust Question...and then some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the best overall performance you need to make your E30 as light as possible.
    Several cheap mods:
    1 - engine and tranny delete
    2 - body frame delete
    3 - If you have time, do the suspention delete while you're at it

You do not have to stop there, do the interior delete and the rest of the unnecessary stuff delete, like diff delete and windows and wiring delete.
    These mods are free and you'will get super performance. And last and not the least, you can also profit from it by reselling all the extra parts that you now have.

Comment

Vibrant mufflers are very nice, little louder than magnaflow too I think.

I want a universal one, and then I am putting likely a 3inch titanium tip on it.

Comment

You know there's an exhaust sub forum right?
        1989 US E30 Cammed S52
        Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

your fucking dumb. i have an m42 thats why i posted there idiot. idgaf if it pisses people off cause im tryin to get help from guys who know what their talking about. not trying to get talked down to by you ass holes

Comment

'11s gonna '11.

Dude, seriously, search. Noone will spell this out for you.

But since you asked, and I'm assuming you're a broke 16 year old...

do NOTHING except maintenance. Then when you have a job with a legit wage (~8.50/hr does not count), do things like S52 swap (best mod for the M20 or M42), GC/AST coilovers, and sticky tires with light wheels.

Until you can afford doing it right the first time (you're 16, so, no, you can't), do nothing except maintain the car and fix its problems. DO NOT MOD.

Let the flame being in 3...2...
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Are any other members sick and tired of these noob threads??

Comment

Did you know there was a Top Gear episode with e30s in it?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                  Did you know there was a Top Gear episode with e30s in it?
                  Shit, really? How fucking fascinating!
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                    Are any other members sick and tired of these noob threads??
                    Yes, and this guy is full retard.
                    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      '11s gonna '11.

Dude, seriously, search. Noone will spell this out for you.

But since you asked, and I'm assuming you're a broke 16 year old...

do NOTHING except maintenance. Then when you have a job with a legit wage (~8.50/hr does not count), do things like S52 swap (best mod for the M20 or M42), GC/AST coilovers, and sticky tires with light wheels.

Until you can afford doing it right the first time (you're 16, so, no, you can't), do nothing except maintain the car and fix its problems. DO NOT MOD.

Let the flame being in 3...2...
                      I love this philosophy. I really truly do. HOWEVER, it is so hard to drive a stock E30 and not want to modify it :(

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        I love this philosophy. I really truly do. HOWEVER, it is so hard to drive a stock E30 and not want to modify it :(
                        Oh, I remember. I bought mine at 19, modded it, and was always playing catch-up with maintenance. It was a miserable experience, and I learned from it.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          It's really not difficult to do both.
                          Suspension sqeaking, balking, or banging? Upgrade!
                          Wheel bearing howling? Replace EVERYTHING (And upgrade)
                          Exhaust leaking? Replace EVERYTHING! (And again, upgrade)

The only one that really doesn't really have an upgrade you can attach to it. Is the timing belt. But that's just "Insuring future upgrades". So that's good enough

The only reason I have a fairly nicely modded but rusty car, is because I've maintained it mechanically. And upgraded at the same time. No use in doing it twice.
                          Last edited by TurboJake; 11-11-2011, 04:17 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                          X