Muffler only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler only?

I was looking to buy a Magnaflow 14815 muffler and I was wondering if I could just weld the muffler onto the pipes without having to buy anything else.

Here's the link.
    -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
    -1990 325i sedan

I had this muffler. very loud, got a ticket from chp and had to remove it. I wouldn't recommend that muffler.

unless you like tickets.
    (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
    1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Should I get a silencer then? my neighbor has this muffler and I don't think he's had any problems with it. I dunno I really like it, I think I'm going to get it anyway hehe.
      -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
      -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Depends on the cops where you live, my car is very loud and ive yet to be pulled over.
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
          I had this muffler. very loud, got a ticket from chp and had to remove it. I wouldn't recommend that muffler.

unless you like tickets.

Originally posted by FLG View Post
          Depends on the cops where you live, my car is very loud and ive yet to be pulled over.

still havent answered my question... haha
          -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
          -1990 325i sedan

Comment

i have that muffler and am going to get 2.5 inch piping straight to muffler after the cats. what do you guys think?

Comment

Itll have a lot of highway drone without another resonator or muffler.

And itll be loud.
              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Loud indeed, I have a m10 with 2.5" piping header back to a single Vibrant (straight through muffler) and it's loud, very loud. At highway speeds, I have to yell at my passenger.
                85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

To answer you question, yes it will work. I have one with a Magnaflow inline muffler were my resonator/cat used to be and it is loud in cabin but sonds good.

But i have a eta so im always in the drone
                  but its not to bad

Comment

I have this muffler on my convertible and it was welded straight on to the stock piping. I didn't really like the welding job. I'd recommend getting a Y pipe for a neater job.

Comment

wouldnt a cat and resonator tone down the volume of that muffler? im on the hunt for one
                      1986 325e (EUR)
                      Grey Market
                      Zinno
                      327i Build
                      Zender kit
                      ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
                      sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

The term loud is very different for some people. I have an 03 Cobra w/o cats and Borla Stingers that I consider to be pretty loud. I haven't had a muffler on my e30 though for over a year now w/o even a look from cops. It has some drone, but sounds fine in high revs so I have just left it like that until I finally got my custom exhaust made. If you have cats then it can't be too loud is my rule of thumb. ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X