Full straight pipe. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
    keep the cat and save the environment, keep the muffler and save your ear drums.
    lol!

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

every car besides this one I've had headers straight to a single, 3 inch Borla muffler, and sounded great! and not very loud either. (bronco II 2.9 v6, and LR 4.0 v8)

But I had a 2-1 cat back into the same 3 inch Borla on this and it sounded good, was just kind of quiet... not sure how it would sound on the m20 without cats
      sigpic
      Originally posted by e30hijinks
      I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

I think I'm gonna go full straight pipe, without any cats or resonators. If I don't like it, I'll just add on the cat. One of my close friends owns a welder, so it shouldnt be a problem if I need to weld them in...

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I often wonder if people thought how a car sounded before the days of cats... Most cars was so quiet you could barely hear them. Remember they make different mufflers so you can have the sound you want, quiet, mild, wild! It's your choice. If you want some sound and dont want to go full straight pipe, get a nice turbo muffler.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
            I retract my statement, just run zoomies out of your hood
            YUP, this is the way, Just like the DEMO DERBY guys do,
            Step1: remove the old exhuast
            Step 2: Find a header
            Step 3: invert the header so the pipes go UP and not down
            Step 4: get a big ass grinder or a plasma and cut hole in the hood in the vicinity of said exhuast
            step 5: cut header pipes where they go stright up and leave them
            step 6: cut coffee cans to put over exhuast so raIN does not fill your exhuast and fill what ever cylinder is on the exhuast stroke at the time the engine shut down
            step 7: sideswipe every car you come to on the road and wear a full faced helmet while driving till your car no longer runs

:firehop:

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
            Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Working...
            X