Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever hear of BillyBoat Exhaust for E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever hear of BillyBoat Exhaust for E30?

so....i was perusing the local lkq last week and i came across a car that really did not belong there. i didn't take a pic of the car but it was a 90ish plastic bumper delphin car with fantastic paint/no dents or rust.

i took a peek under the back end to see if the diff was limited slip and i notice the cat back is stainless steel. i start thinking to myself...."aw, hell, i need to replace the muffler on my mtech2 anyway. so this bitch is mine." i originally thought it was an ansa but this is the tag that was in the side:

so ok, never heard of this company but that is some tag. i guess these guys must be really proud of their products. once i get out to the truck and get all my stuff packed away, i load the web site into my smart phone and take a look. apparently this company makes aftermarket exhaust for porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc...i look up the e30 model but there is no price listed. so i call the company directly based on the phone number from the web site. talking to the sales man, he says that this is a very popular car for them and they sell lots of these to e30 guys? why the hell have i never heard of them? next i ask how much it costs...... the salesman's response is that this muffler sells for 995.00 normally but if i wanted to purchase it directly from the factory, it can get a discount of 825.00 shipped to my door in texas! holy shit! who would buy this instead of a 600.00 remus? why the hell was an e30 with a thousand dollar exhaust sitting in a junk yard in the first place? jesus fuck!

anyway, here are some more photos if this:

they were nice enough to cut the cat instead of the pipes.

the previous owner was even nice enough to leave these parts laying in the trunk. as it happens, i didn't even have to go buy any parts or hardware to install this on my car.

here is the money shot of this thing installed on my mtech:

i like it a hell of a lot better than the rusty stock muffler i had. it sounds good at idle, makes the car sound like a mild v8. i guess i was kind of hoping that it would be a little throatier when i open it up. it sounds good and i guess i can't complain in comparison to the 40.00 i spent on it.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Bavauto sells Billy Boat exhausts, but as salesman said probably custom ordered. Nice sounding exhaust, although my only encounter was on an e36
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

They are a company based out here in Phoenix. They make high quality exhausts and do some fantastic custom work.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Yes, I have. I would go back and double check what other gems that yard car is hiding lol.

2008 join date.. cmon man lol.

Comment

Too _______ loud.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              Too _______ loud.
              Are you gonna ask us to get off your lawn next? ;) :giggle:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

wow, nice score. LKQ has some cool stuff at random...
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Very nice. Now you need to satisfy our need for video.

BTW which lqk?

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
                  I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Had one on my M3 back in like 2000 - great sound. Got rid of it for something quieter though.
                    2011 1M Alpine white/black
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

My buddy had one on his ix. One of the best fitment, looking and sounding exhausts out there for the e30.
                      www.instagram.com/snwmble
                      #snwmble

Current:
                      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        Are you gonna ask us to get off your lawn next? ;) :giggle:
                        Nope will let op make that decision when po-po stop because they don't like it. Yanked mine of my M3 years ago.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I think the e24 guys tend to run billy boat m30 sounds bad with it.

Comment

Believe it or not, I actually thought it was kind of quiet. Mind you, I'm no spring chicken and I hate loud exhaust systems. Its no where near loud enough to attract the attention of the cops. Apparently, according to the web site, they have three levels of restriction.

I drove the car after I installed it. I wound it up to about 4.5k in my neighborhood with the windows down. Its certainly a little quieter than my stock muffler with a few small holes in the pipe. I think I am going to be really happy with it. I do wish it were a little throaty like the remus.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

You never heard of B&B TriFlo? Overpriced these days but in their day they were competitively priced with Dinan, Sebring, Remus, supersprint, etc. Back when few companies catered to BMWs.

That's a hell of a pick up.
                              Last edited by reelizmpro; 10-07-2013, 08:09 PM.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                              X