help me find exhaust tip unicorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me find exhaust tip unicorn

Seriously, I'm being beaten by the internets. I've been searching for hours and have come up empty.

I'm going to update my exhaust (just removing the stock muffler for something that sounds nicer when I do my 5 speed swap) and I have my heart set on a single oval exhaust tip.

here's the sexy look: (i have an e34 touring)

so there are about a million stainless oval exhaust tips out there. the problem is they all have 2.25" or 2.5" single inlets, which will restrict the system as I will be doing a y-pipe to 3" straight-through muffler. what I need is a 3" inlet (or could make a dual-2.25 inlet oval tip, work too)

anyone have any sources i'm missing? I've search google, amazon, ebay, each of the big muffler manu. sites (borla, magnaflow, etc) i dont want to leave the selection up to the muffler shop, unless I come up empty handed. everytime I go into one and describe the look I want, they dont do it right.

the 'oval' part needs to be about 3" tall and 6" wide to fill up the standard valance opening. closest i've come is this volvo tip, but its a little too ellipsoidal and has a big dumb name right where you'd see it.

the restriction wont be noticeable , would it?

Comment

the m60 exhaust flows well enough, but it is dual 2", so going to single 2.5" is 25% less area, which seems too significant to me, although I am no expert.

single 3" is almost identical in area to dual 2"

Comment

Cut the tip you like's inlet out for a bigger pipe?
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
        X