Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtube headers with catalytic converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longtube headers with catalytic converter?

Would there be a difference in performance running long tube headers with a catalytic converter, since long tubes give a little extra hp but a catalytic converter weakens some hp ? What do you guys think is it worth it ?
    FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
    My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

I believe if you got a hi-flow cat there shouldnt be any issues HOWEVER, i dont think theres a difference between an OEM replacement and hi-flow but i could be wrong....

I too want to know this answer as Long Tubes are also in my to do list for my exhaust
    1986 325e (EUR)
    Grey Market
    Zinno
    327i Build
    Zender kit
    ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
    sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

you wont lose much power with a decent aftermarket metal cat that flows ok. it depends how much hp your pushing though. with a dual system its less of an issue as they see half the flow.....
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I have a set of stalls on my car with a magna flow cat and a single 2.5' pipe to an OBX muffler. Sounds good to me. It is a little loud but i don't get any strange looks unless I'm really ripping on it. I have some pics of the install in the readers rides section under "my Delphin." The steals are my brothers and since he is finally getting his car back on the road I ended up buying a set of I.E. long tubes. I'll be getting them coated and setting up a new system soon. He wants his stuff back.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X