Massive heat of headers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive heat of headers!

Hey guys, hope not covered it before,but im from mobile (let my laptop at workplace) and can't search as good as surfing from laptop. Nvm,some days ago,i installed stainless headers on my M50 and i felt the massive heat come out of engine bay.. after that, my engine is overheating and i didn't even mess with engine or cooling system, just installed headers... Before them, temperature was solid rock at 2/4 even stuck in traffic, or pushing the engine at it's limits.... What do you think? Is it possible the heat from headers affect the radiator? Should i wrap them, or it's just a coincidence and it's a cooling system error?
    I've bled the system twice,also tstat, water pump, fan tstat and fan,are new,i swapped them 5 months ago...
    Instagram

It could be related. A ceramic coating, wrap, and/or heat shield should improve the situation. The stock manifolds tend to be quite thick so I don't doubt they insulate heat better.

Comment

Probably unrelated. I have installed countless headers for swapped cars, as well as putting big 'ol turbos on them and they have no cooling issues.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Headers probably do put more heat in the bay, but they do NOT prevent your cooling system from working properly.
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

The heat was there before, now it is just radiating more. If anything, the engine should run cooler as the header is acting like a heat sink.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys... You save me from many hours of removing and installing them again. After your answers,i inspected the cooling system again. As i have removed the heater core,the tubes that were going there,are connected together. There was a leak at that connection and maybe the system were getting air through that leak..NVM i fixed it,bled the system twice again and its working as it should be! Thanks again!
            Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X