E30 M50 Turbo manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
    After looking into it further, I will probably just redo all the welds and create 1 or 2 support brackets for the turbo flange. The brackets will have rubber grommets, and will bolt on to the header flange. Hopefully this will help take some stress off the manifold, and absorb some of the vibration.

I just need the manifold to last atleast a year of abuse, then I will save up to buy the 666fab one.
    +1

That's my plan.
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

My problem was the pipe that collects cyls 4-6 pulling on the collector and separating at that point. I don't think brackets/bracing will help that though.

Comment

What about the obx mani... just use an absurdly short air filter or something
        Transaction Feedback!

Comment

China manifold for e36 m50 after 0.6bar pressure.

Comment

cracked in the same spot for me too.

Comment

Bad that you are not in Europe. In our country, make a lot of good things and very high quality. (at a good price) ;)

Comment

Any word on obx fitment?
                Transaction Feedback!

Comment

You would rather brace the turbo from the valvecover instead of the header flange. Much more leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by image View Post

Hopefully redoing all the welds will help this problem. I plan on copying the design of the modified manifold I have and making one out of better material, so we'll see if I even end up using it.

Originally posted by Tchao View Post
                    You would rather brace the turbo from the valvecover instead of the header flange. Much more leverage.
                    Sounds good! :-D
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

A few guys now have told me that lately obx has upped their game big time. The welds and materials are looking alot better than what they used to be apparently. So don't leave them out!
                      Turbo m30 drift car build.
                      500whp or bust.
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Originally posted by image View Post

my e bay manifold cracked in the same place as well

Comment

Working...
                        X