Begi RRFPR vs. BavAuto RRFPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Begi RRFPR vs. BavAuto RRFPR

I'm wondering what the differences are between the Begi RRFPR and the BavAuto RRFPR.

I've got the Bav Auto one, it came with the car, and wondering if I'd be able to tune with it, NA and with boost later.

(please spare me the - 'you shouldn't tune with a wideband and FMU discussion.')

The only functional difference is the bavauto FPR bolts to the stock fuel rail and the begi one doesn't.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This is what I've heard, just trying to get some different perspectives and/or confirmations:

"The BAV unit isn't intended for boost, the difference is a begi fmu or similar raises fuel pressure by X amount of pressure per pound of boost pressure it sees from a signal line off the manifold, and that X amount is adjustable via a needle valve that I referred to as the onset/gain adjustment valve."

Is the BAV unit not capable of the same?

Comment

sounds like the bav FPR is a 1:1 (ie not rising rate)

in that case no, it's not good for boost, unless you have standalone to control the fuel directly.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          sounds like the bav FPR is a 1:1 (ie not rising rate)

in that case no, it's not good for boost, unless you have standalone to control the fuel directly.
          According to Bav, it is:

"This adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator enriches the fuel mixture as you accelerate to increase power and improve mid-range throttle response. Maintains stock fuel mixtures at idle. "

Comment

the begi has a port to reed atmosphere preasure , so it can be adjusted differently under boost seperatly from normal under vaccum conditions , the bavauto one is good for tuning na . no one really knows untill someone actually tries it though , so i would say go for it since it's already on your car and replace with a begi if it dosent work right , my begi has been fine for almost two years or so.
            sigpic
            mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

Working...
            X