Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo

Does anyone know the best place to look for a turbo to fit an 89 BMW 325 i. About how much it would cost and any other modifications i would need?

yea there is this place on this board called the SEARCH FEATURE!

Comment

Search dude, its as far as you can get from Bolt on

Comment

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

check www.e30tech.com Another e30 forum with lots of turbo guys on there and lots of turbo info.
          90 325is
          IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Re: Turbo

Originally posted by ELG
            Does anyone know the best place to look for a turbo to fit an 89 BMW 325 i. About how much it would cost and any other modifications i would need?
            Guys I'm sure you meant well by the answers you gave this guy, but what is the point of having a "turbo" category if we just say, go to E30tech.com. By the way, yes, there is an excellent group there too, to help you out with your turbo project.

What is your budget? Your power objectives? How old is your engine?

Comment

i wasnt looking to spend a whole lot. I wasnt gonna run it on a real high boost cause my engine is from an 89 325i and its never been replaced but has fairly low miles on it. Plus its my daily driver to school and work. But i wasnt looking to spend much more than lik 400 for the turbo. i though about getting a used one but im not sure on what the downsides to that are. Plus id rather just have a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by ELG
                i wasnt looking to spend a whole lot. I wasnt gonna run it on a real high boost cause my engine is from an 89 325i and its never been replaced but has fairly low miles on it. Plus its my daily driver to school and work. But i wasnt looking to spend much more than lik 400 for the turbo. i though about getting a used one but im not sure on what the downsides to that are. Plus id rather just have a new one.
                Turbo kits are expensive....I would recommend in your situation to be patient, and look for a used kit(plumbing, intercooler, FMU, etc), BUT I would by the turbo unit new. You can find a new one for $700-$800 with 1 year warranty. If a new complete kit costs lets say, $4000-$5000, complete, with what I told up above, you would save half that cost. Then of course there is the 24-48 hours of labour involved to slap the thing together. If your a capable do it your selfer, your happening. If not, figure your garage's of choice labour rates tacked on to the price of the parts.

Comment

When ever you buy a turbo kit from some one and install yourself their is useuly an added tunnind cost, dyno ect..
                  Also their is the electronics.......cluch
                  wide band
                  if you buy a turbo kit and DIY then do not forget the added cost on the elcectronics.

Comment

24-48 hours???? are you serious? maybe if you have 1 arm and 3 fingers.

Comment

i have a "budget" setup outlined on my website.

I have two "stages" check out which one interests you....or both :)

the main reason i built the site was to help newbies who really weren't sure where to start building up a system from scratch. I was in the same boat as you guys at one point. Check out the whole site...you may find info that saves you time and money when building your setup.

Comment

Originally posted by E30godz
                        24-48 hours???? are you serious? maybe if you have 1 arm and 3 fingers.
                        I didn't literally mean 48 hours PAID labour by the minute einstein, but it will actually be close to the 20 hour mark. That would be 2 working days.

By the way......What kind of turbo system are you running?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by bmwdude
                          Originally posted by ELG
                          Turbo kits are expensive....I would recommend in your situation to be patient, and look for a used kit(plumbing, intercooler, FMU, etc), BUT I would by the turbo unit new. You can find a new one for $700-$800 with 1 year warranty. If a new complete kit costs lets say, $4000-$5000, complete, with what I told up above, you would save half that cost. Then of course there is the 24-48 hours of labour involved to slap the thing together. If your a capable do it your selfer, your happening. If not, figure your garage's of choice labour rates tacked on to the price of the parts.
                          Are you talking from experience? or just making blind opinions..
                          7-800 give me a break..
                          get a rebuilt garret super60trim turbo. it will boost you all day long up to ~13ish psi, or higher (15psi starts to fall off around 5800 rpm).

i have a remanufatured turbo and have no shaft play what so ever after 10,000 miles.
                          -p

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCip
                            Originally posted by ELG
                            7-800 give me a break..
                            get a rebuilt garret super60trim turbo. it will boost you all day long up to ~13ish psi, or higher (15psi starts to fall off around 5800 rpm).

i have a remanufatured turbo and have no shaft play what so ever after 10,000 miles.
                            -p
                            I'm talking from experience dude, and if you DID have any, you would know that the prices I quoted are new prices. Not rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCip
                              Originally posted by ELG
                              7-800 give me a break..

-p
                              You can also be rest assured, that there are members on here, that have seen and driven my M20 3.0L turbo. Anyways, don't get me started.......

Comment

Working...
                              X