turboing e30 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turboing e30 ?

Finally a forum besides e30tech that im a member of, and not dissing e30tech at all but some people on there just messed up. So i have been through 2 e30s a 85 318i and a 85 320i, and i just bought a 1990 325i and decided to make a project out of it by turboing it because im sick of all the jdm people in the shitty town i live in.(lol) In the mean time i am driving a 1990 525i its lame i know since e30s are the shit. So i bought a m20 b25 with 59k on it its so clean got it for 300 bucks, a precision turbo brand new, and magasquirt managment to go with it. I cant decide what to do with my exaust i know i have to run at least a 2.5" i doing 3", but just wanted to know if i should have a resinator or just strieght with muffler. Im only planning to run 8-10psi on the motor i just bought because im re-building my other motor with forged pistons because my whole goal is around 450whp and cant obtain that with stock internals and have it last longer than a day lol. (srry no picks on dial up wich is shitty) any info would help! thanks....
    What BMW means to me: Breaks My Wallet

what exactly is your question? just about the exahust? sounds like you got a great deal on that car too by the way, congrats.

Comment

450 whp is doable on stock internals.
      Turbo e30 M52. Built Motor, GT3582r
      Watch my vids http://www.youtube.com/user/GrudgeRider156?feature=mhum

Comment

stock m20b25 bottom end

1. danmartin - 475 whp, 365 wtq - 21 psi - m20b25 - 93 octane - USA

from e30tech's list

its doable if you know what you are doing. do some research. or buy my crate motor. its built for 450whp, and we have broken it in running 300hp, boost is ready to be turned up.

Derek
        DedericMS

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

ya just bout exaust and damn i have a guy named max down the road called maximillion motorsports deals in all euro shit n he telling me to have a reliable set up dont run over 10 lbs on stock and i always knew it was bullshit when even the damn fuel pump can hold way more then 300 hp but i dont want to run insane on this motor since im building a motor and i wanna look for a m50 or s52 swap so i can switch over my magasquirt and turbo and go fuckin all balls out, but im 19 and raise houses making shit for money so i just want to get it on the road. I dont have time to really tear into it right now so i running small. but i basically got all my shit and bout to put it togather but just trying to fugure wtf to do with my exaust.

thanks i really appretiate the info guys wouldnt even get oppinions on e30 tech they telling me to read lol just want opinions wouldnt be this far if i never read

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
            stock m20b25 bottom end

from e30tech's list

its doable if you know what you are doing. do some research. or buy my crate motor. its built for 450whp, and we have broken it in running 300hp, boost is ready to be turned up.

Derek
            DedericMS
            how much you want for the motor i kno i shouldnt be asking since i have three one fucked one being built and one i picked up bout 2 weeks ago with 59k on it like fucking new its beautiful...

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
              stock m20b25 bottom end

from e30tech's list
              I dont believe those numbers on Dans car... In the vids it never was that fast, and then he parted it out like right after...

B.S.

But there are plenty of people making more than that on basically stock stuff.
              Turbo e30 M52. Built Motor, GT3582r
              Watch my vids http://www.youtube.com/user/GrudgeRider156?feature=mhum

Comment

is it reliable tho?

Originally posted by turbo325i View Post
                I dont believe those numbers on Dans car... In the vids it never was that fast, and then he parted it out like right after...

B.S.

But there are plenty of people making more than that on basically stock stuff.
                True why would you part out a car with those specs really! and ya i know its doable but not reliable i mean it will be but not for a long period.. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by turbo325i View Post
                  450 whp is doable on stock internals.
                  but not with 8-10psi
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 1990e30coupe View Post
                    ya just bout exaust and damn i have a guy named max down the road called maximillion motorsports deals in all euro shit n he telling me to have a reliable set up dont run over 10 lbs on stock and i always knew it was bullshit when even the damn fuel pump can hold way more then 300 hp but i dont want to run insane on this motor since im building a motor and i wanna look for a m50 or s52 swap so i can switch over my magasquirt and turbo and go fuckin all balls out, but im 19 and raise houses making shit for money so i just want to get it on the road. I dont have time to really tear into it right now so i running small. but i basically got all my shit and bout to put it togather but just trying to fugure wtf to do with my exaust.

thanks i really appretiate the info guys wouldnt even get oppinions on e30 tech they telling me to read lol just want opinions wouldnt be this far if i never read

runonsentencemuch?

the reason you got ran off of E30 tech is basically because of the post above. ;)
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      runonsentencemuch?

the reason you got ran off of E30 tech is basically because of the post above. ;)
                      why does it matter so much this is not school im not trying to get a grade. People like you have to look past the question and be a teacher on writing why dont you be a teacher and answer some questions. "THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS FORUM GET OFF MY BACK"
                      Last edited by 1990e30coupe; 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

why does it matter so much this is not school im not trying to get a grade
                        Apparently you're not trying to get people to understand what you're asking either?

You want a good answer? Ask a well constructed question.
                        sigpic
                        Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Originally posted by JTapper View Post
                          Apparently you're not trying to get people to understand what you're asking either?

You want a good answer? Ask a well constructed question.
                          What should i do about my exaust if im running 8-10psi and 3 inch exaust? Should it be strieght or have a resinator in?

Comment

Depends on your taste in sound. A resonator will take some of the rasp out, and doesn't offer much back pressure anyways.

Straight will be loud as fuck. It'll sound good, but it'll get old if it's your daily.

3" with a magnaflow would be decent.
                            sigpic
                            Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

why does it matter so much this is not school im not trying to get a grade. People like you have to look past the question and be a teacher on writing why dont you be a teacher and answer some questions. "THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS FORUM GET OFF MY BACK"
                              because I can't read anything you've typed, and neither can anyone else.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X