(turboed) loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. begi is a riseing rate. check e30tech classifieds
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

So the adjustable aeromotive fpr with a boost signal won't work? The previous owner said it is also rising rate...

Comment

Your fmu doesn't add any pressure unless it sees boost.
        So before boost, it'll be pretty lean like you've noticed.

Comment

Hmm...so how should I set up my fmu? Or should. Just toss it and wait for a begi?

Comment

So I backed out the set screw for the fmu so it reads 0psi, disconnect the vac hose and see15psi of what I'm guessing is added fuel pressure while at atmospheric pressure. So it does help add fuel pressure. Tightened the afm up a lot and drove...found afrs at 12 approaching 0psi vac....but car completele shakes like crazy at 2500rpm in 3rd still. (Solved my loose axlenut too btw) tried messing with the afm a lil and found same scenario, running it rich still doesn't help at all. I got back from my drive and touched my ign coil, found it warm but not hot just by holding on to it. Starting to lean more towards ignition issues. All ign parts are brand new except coil.

Comment

Try 24ib. injectors. 30s might be a little too much fuel.
              1988 E30 335i - 1987 E30 327i - 1987 E30 327iS Pickup - 1973 2002 Project

Visit www.BimmerHeads.com for all of your 12 valve needs!

Comment

That's what my friend told me...good point.

Comment

i had the same exact problem on my turbod m50 when i was first setting it up. what tune do you have? mine was trm, got rid of it, problem solved...
                  325es/24v's/20psi/meth injection/

sigpic

Comment

not sure, bought the car with the chip already in it. waiting on my ms so i'll prob just mess with the fuel for now. i really think the chip dumps way too much fuel too quick with these 30lb'ers. i'll get some work done here soon when i swap injectors and put my ign back on.

Comment

Motronic doesn't usually deal well with boost...my guess is you are having some software issues. And I don't know if injectors would solve your issue...hell, on my M42 at 7.5 psi I am running 42 lb injectors....

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Well, I replaced the cap and rotor (only 2 things I didn't replace during my tune up!) And it seems to be running 10X better, even goes to full boost. And yes, running motronic on turbo engines is horseshit.

Comment

Working...
                        X