boosted m50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
    No it won't make that much power on stock internals. Brett (turbo325ii) for example is pushing 530whp with a built m52. His previous engine blew up at 20psi making figures less than that

Nah nah nah. He just didn't put enough boost into it.

Do like 30psi on stock internals. Just get some arp studs and an MLS and you'll be fine. Report back your findings.

Comment

poop

how's that efr? didnt you buy one? (yea, you yoshi)

I read it on some thread on bf.c.
      2008 335i - n54b30
      1991 318i - m52b28
      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Still on backorder. They had a problem with the compressor casting. Sooo still don't have it :( It's ok. I need to save up and order the eagle rods and finish building the bottom end.

Comment

Which model did you get again? I'll be doing a turbo for my winter build and I want to try one of these bad boys out.
          2008 335i - n54b30
          1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

7076. It should spool fine on a 3.2 liter. You'd prob want to down size 1 for a 2.5 liter.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the 6758 but it's not offered with a t3 inlet :(. I was going to go with one of otis's mani's. Unless someone gets a t4 ts manifold made.
              2008 335i - n54b30
              1991 318i - m52b28

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                you sure about that?
                (I'm just going by what I've been reading on the bf.com forced induction section. Seems as if the stock m5x blocks with just headstuds/mls are capable [w/ proper tuning] of going upwards of 650 hp on 93.)
                positive. If you want to make over 500 you have to run something that is going to have more octane then 93. You also have to take a proactive approach to preventing detonation because If you don't know what to listen for you won't even hear it. I could only hear detonation alittle on my 2.7t m20 when the waste was open so I parked it till I could get it properly tuned.

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Nah nah nah. He just didn't put enough boost into it.

Do like 30psi on stock internals. Just get some arp studs and an MLS and you'll be fine. Report back your findings
                  Lol Yoshi. ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X