boosted m50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boosted m50?

hey guys i just picked up a vanos m50 at the junlyard and have big plans but have questions, i plan on putting a snail on this motor and i want around 500 rwhp! the thing is i DONT want a big turbo..is this possible? basically i want the least lag as possible..i want low end torque...does anyone have any ideas?...i know low compression is the key with turbos but what if i added a cam? idk just curious to see if anyone has seen this before..
    cheers
    stef

If it was that simple, don't you think everyone would do it?

Comment

did i say anything about it being simple????? no i dont think i did!

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
        If it was that simple, don't you think everyone would do it?
        this.

start researching. 500hp is easily achievable

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

lol sad thing is ive been researching and i cant find anything, like idk if im typing in the wrong thing on google or what but links would help thanks?

Comment

Your lack of knowledge impedes your search for it.

500hp is just a number. Quarter mile times or some other usable goal is more likely to provide proper results.

pick up maximum boost by corky bell. Read it about 5 times through or until you understand it. Then read it 5 more times. Then come back.

Comment

Supercharge if you want low-end torque.

There's a guy making S/C brackets for 24v swaps in the Parts for Sale section of this forum, I mistakenly thought he was making M20 or M42 brackets, and found them to be 24v. You may want to talk to them, I believe the brackets were estimated to cost $200? Not bad and supports a fellow r3v'r.

Comment

Turn your car into an electric...instant torque. Doesn't get much quicker than that.
                85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

If you don't want lag, you need to start looking up compressor maps and doing the math behind the boost. If you find a map that suits what you need, then go for that turbo. Like its been said, 500hp is just a number. Read this as well...about a million times. http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...o_tech101.html
                  Start in the 101 and work your way to 103. This is mostly the math part. And Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. All the info you need is out there. You just gotta look harder.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

thanks guys i just bought a holset hx35 and now im lookin for more power..still doin research as of right now to see what kind of set up im gonna be running but im def gonna make a build thread on this

Comment

trm stage 2 is what you need, lag wil always be there.

a centrifigal charcger will NOT get you low end tq

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                        Your lack of knowledge impedes your search for it.

500hp is just a number. Quarter mile times or some other usable goal is more likely to provide proper results.

pick up maximum boost by corky bell. Read it about 5 times through or until you understand it. Then read it 5 more times. Then come back.
                        Ditto on the corky bell book. If you want to understand how to properly design and build a turbo setup you've got to have his book.
                        971-295-7077

91' 318i

Comment

low end torque = super charger
                          for 500 you need a pretty big turbo which means some lag
                          to get 500 out of a stock m50 you need alot of boost and race gas, e85, etc.
                          If you boost on just 93 you will get detonation before you get the 500 you want

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Originally posted by ogbimmer View Post
                            low end torque = super charger
                            for 500 you need a pretty big turbo which means some lag
                            to get 500 out of a stock m50 you need alot of boost and race gas, e85, etc.
                            If you boost on just 93 you will get detonation before you get the 500 you want
                            you sure about that?
                            (I'm just going by what I've been reading on the bf.com forced induction section. Seems as if the stock m5x blocks with just headstuds/mls are capable [w/ proper tuning] of going upwards of 650 hp on 93.)
                            2008 335i - n54b30
                            1991 318i - m52b28
                            1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

No it won't make that much power on stock internals. Brett (turbo325ii) for example is pushing 530whp with a built m52. His previous engine blew up at 20psi making figures less than that

Comment

Working...
                              X