Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plugs are you running in your m20 turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plugs are you running in your m20 turbo?

I have a m20 turbo running on halltech and it seems to keep fouling the plugs. I was told that it was tuned to run a little rich versus a lean ticking time bomb and it seems to foul plugs pretty often. I took bosch supers out if it and replaced them with 6 of the same and it happened again. Any suggestions?

What ems are you using?

I have ngk plugs. They're doing good ;)

Comment

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to tune...

if its running rich enough to foul plugs then its too rich. Find someone in your area who specializes in tuning Haltech.

I am Also running ngk's. NGK BPR7EIX, iridium plugs. This will help your fouling problem but is only band-aid, so get it tuned!!. They are about $45 a set of 6.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Finding someone in this area who can tune haltech is easier said than done. I am new to this and haven't tried any new maps yet. I took out +12 and the shop recommended +1 so thats whats in it now. The only listed haltech dealer in mass is about 2.5 hours away, thats a hell of a tow bill.

Comment

Can you tune it yourself?

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
          PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

yeah, I have the software and a laptop to tune it with, I just have zero experience with the engine data inputs/maps. I am a little nervous to go changing stuff around and have it not run at all. I actually want to sell it because I don't really have the time for all of this shit. Its a cool car that someone else would have a field day with.

Comment

bosch coppers. all day. I hate iridiums and platinums, I've found they foul a lot.

you don't have to tune high boost, just tune the drivable maps. it should take you about 2 hours to get a basic street tune. just aim for about 13.0 everywhere and then drive it down to get it tuned. 13.0 is ridiculously rich for like cruising but at it shouldn't be too rich to foul plugs all day. and it's safe enough for even modest boost. I have my map tuned for about 15-15.5 at cruising kpa/rpm, 14.0ish for idle and 12.5-13.0 for WOT. This is NA of course, so take it with a grain of salt.
              '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
              NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
              Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I had some Champion coppers in there, swapped them out for some colder AC-Delco's. Seem to be working fine.
                sigpic
                Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Take it to a local dyno shop they should know enough about tuning to at least get yourself a base map, if not then they might recommend someone more local.

Comment

Ngk bpr7es.

Comment

im running an s2000 plug one step colder. I cant remember the number but they deliver a very refined spark which helps with custom turbo setups.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                      Ig:ryno_pzk
                      I like the tuna here.
                      Originally posted by lambo
                      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        Ngk bpr7es.

this guys smart!! ngk brp7es run around 1.70 here however they only sell in sets of four here bc all the dsm guys run them. might have to go to a couple shops

Comment

Well if your just going to toss something in to base tune at low boost (8psi) then some NGK plugs for a second gen eclipse turbo will work fine. They are 1 step colder and cost me like $9 for the set. Bought some while i was waiting for the BR7s to come in.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                          X