Oil feed fitting question - M42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil feed fitting question - M42

I have a question regarding the fittings for my turbo setup I will be running on my m42. I will be running the supply off of the stock oil pressure sender switch. I know that that location is an m12x1.5. Now my questions are as follows.

Where can i find a correct T-fitting(or Y) to still run the stock sender as well as the supply for the turbo? All I can find is fittings with only AN and standard size fittings on them, nothing metric.

I also plan on running a oil pressure guage in place of the stock sender relatively soon. Is it adviseable to continue to run that switch, or will I be fine without it if I have a gauge? (I guess my question is, will this mess with how the engine runs? I will be running megasquirt)

Also, for the oil supply line (which I will get the size for you in a bit), should I be running a reducer to keep the pressure down? Or will it be fine without one?

Thanks in advance. :)
    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
    Build Thread:
    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
    Rallycross Build Thread.
    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

You could run that part.

And the restrictor is a must when using a ball bearing turbo, or any gt style turbo. However, I've run -3an oil lines to journal turbos and there were no leaks.
    Last edited by blueapplesoda; 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Working...
    X