Tuning Options!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning Options!!!!

i have a boosted e30 325E and i need help tuning the ecu?

motronic 1.3 will make all your troubles go away
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Could the same be said for a 325i? I'm going turbo very soon and didn't know my options for software.

Comment

325i already has m1.3

Comment

if i put motronics 1.3 on my car what will i need to change besides the engine harness

Comment

everything related to running the engine.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Some info on what you currently have might help.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

It can be done and it's fine for the first period of time

you can run a TCD chip + 30 lb inj. + FMU

you can do alot of work inside the engine to get more power :)

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

ill be running motronic with my turbo build. also be running map sensor conversion. i need to take a few measurements on a few things 1st but it should be rather simple to do.

from what im learning motronic is quite an effective way to tune.

Comment

never heard of anyone doing a map sensor on motronic 1.3
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

i looked it up online. seen a couple people trying it. but there were no results. if the key on engine off voltages are correct then its a simple wire in, retune. as the afm on the motronic isnt accually "air mass and temp" like modern motors. its air speed/density. so it works alot different. it cant measure exactly how much air is there, just like a map, they sort of have the same limitations. if the voltages are different then a chip can be programmed that intercepts the singals and convert the voltages before they make it back to the dme.

for example air mass at key on engine off will have no flow so it will read your typical 0.4 (ish) Volts. Map at key on engine off will be at atmospheric pressure so closer to 2.4 (ish) volts if your running a 1bar map, if its at 1bar it should be at 4.8(ish) volts. im yet to measure the afm on any e30s to make sure the volts are right for straight wire in.
                      basically its the same idea used with the miller maf conversion.
                      once the wiring is sorted you just tune mapping accordingly like you would normally after cams, intake, exhuast had been fitted with the normal air meter to adjust and optimise the running.

Comment

Working...
                      X