No announcement yet.

Stroker artical from total BMW magazine very informative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, after reading this again, I'm tempted to build a 2.7 when I get my m20b25. I would run the eta crank and rods, with the 325i pistons and 885 cylinder head, then take 1.5 mils off the block deck and compensate with the adjustable cam gear. Anyone have comments, thoughts, suggestions, or know of anyone running this setup.
    Old and improved:

Comment

-cast# 885 = b25i, correct?
      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

yes, 885 standard i head. Isanity found an adjustable cam sprocket for around 120 from dblias. For the amount of money to build, its almost even worth it to get the bmp one for 275. I'm wondering what th CR would be. According to the site, by using 8.8:1 b25 pistons from the late model you would get around 9.5:1 with the correct deck height.
        Old and improved:

Comment

-What block are you using? The eta/seta block is 3mm shorter, or so I hear, and your combo thus will not work...

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM
            -What block are you using? The eta/seta block is 3mm shorter, or so I hear, and your combo thus will not work...
            Are you sure? I thought all m20 blocks are the same just different rod lengths. I would be using an i block anyway. In short im getting a complete m20b25 for free with 130k miles, but I can build this thing and just straight swap it for my current setup.
            Old and improved:

Comment

Be careful with buying an adjustable cam gear - I've heard from reputable sources they're a nightmare to tune with - one source even gave up and sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport
                Are you sure?
                -No but it is something I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                  Be careful with buying an adjustable cam gear - I've heard from reputable sources they're a nightmare to tune with - one source even gave up and sold it.
                  Unless there's some special consideration with the distributor on the E30, I wouldn't imagine it's any different from other cars, which is to say not very hard. However, you'll need a chip that increases the rev limit to see any gains out of it on an E30, as the powerband already peaks near the rev limit anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X