Stroker artical from total BMW magazine very informative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stroker artical from total BMW magazine very informative

I have seen many questions about making strokers and thought this artical summed it up nicely so I scanned it. It is from the 10/2004 issue.

This legible link was posted by Eddie:

Go there to read the artical eye stress free. Thanks Eddie.

Sorry the text is so small, the hosting process did it, they are fully legible as scanned. If you save the files to your computer they can be made big enough to read. I rescanned the text only at 1200 as I was told it was illegible.
    Last edited by parkerbink; 11-24-2005, 06:59 AM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Originally posted by parkerbink
    If you save the files to your computer they can be made big enough to read. I rescanned the text only at 1200 as I was told it was illegible.
    no go, its illegible. i REALLY want this article, send me the the originals and i can host or try re-hosting them please. [william.gh at gmail]

Comment

the lest TB is from the 2.5 "i" engine? and right one?
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I can read the bigger text here & it is 100% legible on my monitor downloaded, maybe bump up your screen resolution?

Diego the caption reads:
        Alpina C2.7 used 325i throttle bodies (above) so it's a sensible item to use, as C2 had healthy 210 bhp. Left must be 325i & right must be e I guess.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

i cant read none of this.can u rescan @ higher resolution please?

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Sorry I tried scanning in ocr non color mode and the first page may be better but the other pages come out worse because of the background. I can read the larger text documents here on the site and they get better when I download and zoom in one magnification.

Comment

Can't read it after saving and zooming. Here's another vote for re-hosting.

Comment

Well I have not found this but in my search I found this:

Way more info than you can ever use!

Comment

I have that issue. I'll try to get some good hi-res scans of it.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                    Well I have not found this but in my search I found this:

Way more info than you can ever use!
                    Nice little find. I've saved a copy. Bump for getting the mag article rehosted w/ high rez flava.

Jon
                    Rides...
                    1991 325i - sold :(
                    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

This proves it's my host, I saved these pages posted on e30t that are obviously legible and after uploading them they are not.

Mine are actually much larger and higher res what a pita.

So, here are the pages 100% legible.

Comment

The stuff about the crank is a bit dodgy though, 325i and 323i items are cast with the same materials and same methods yet they can handle much higher rpms than the article says the eta is capible of. Its clear by the number of people out there with eta cranks that they are fine running at "i" rev limits, i havent heard of anyone breaking a crank, even the E30 guys which race them.
                        Just a little project im working on
                        - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

It's not clear which is a better head to use - the 731 323i casting or the 885 325i head. I've got the i head, but could pick up a 323i head too - just curious if anyone knows the benefits of using either.

Also, would it be possible to refinish/refresh stock super ETA pistons for this application? I could build a stroker with all the parts I have in my yard if I can use those pistons and the i head.

What's a 2.7 stroker good for hp/tq wise? (going to read now, but wanted to post as well.)

Comment

Well it looks like all I need to do is use a 325e crank and rods with 325i pistons, but what cylinder head, and only after I shave 1.5mm off the block. This article bounces around too much, and never gets specific. I am now more confused and that is rare.

Ive spun my eta crank with half a million miles beyond 6k on several occasions.
                            Old and improved:

Comment

Yeah, an 81mm crankshaft will have NO problems revving that high. People really overestimate the capability of torsional vibration to ruin crankshafts. I've done a fair amount of work on Nissan KA engines, which have a MASSIVE 96mm (3.88in) stroke, and they can rev above 7000 without ever breaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X