Noobish questions...please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobish questions...please help!

I just recently completely rebuilt my m20 in my 325ix.
    Fully built 3.1 stroker with 11:1 compression pistons.

I've been looking into boostin her obviously...thats why it's in the forced induction section and I'm a huge turbo noob.

My goal as of now is around 300hp

What are my options? Do I just run low boost (8lbs) with new stock injectors and a turbo chip? Will I be detonation free? (remember 11:1 compression)

A friend of mine gave me his td05h. Will this be a decent turbo for my goals, or should I buy something else?

If I was to want 15lbs of boost what would I need to do to reduce detonation? Water meth and mega squirt, or just say F it and buy new pistons?

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

im not a turbo guru, but im pretty sure you cant turbo an engine with that high compression. low compression is good for boosst. usually people make high CR motors to steer away from boost.
    1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
    1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
    1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
    guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
    Originally posted by ak-
    Must of slid into Rob

Comment

I've heard that I can run low boost, 8lbs, and it will make the same amount of power as a 9:1 compression with 15lbs of boost, but once I try to add more than 8lbs of boost, it will self detonate...so to correct that I could run race gas or water meth. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

You could also run E85. Another option would be to put in a thicker headgasket. Newer OEM turbo cars have pretty high compression ratios.

Comment

Get a standalone and have someone tune it that knows what they are doing. Timing curve and MAT will be very important. at that CR you could make more than 300 with the right turbo choice and tune. I assume you have forged pistons? Weak stock ringlands won't like that CR very much, lol.
          Head spacers are not the best solution, but could get you by. They ruin the quench area of the combustion chamber.
          I run 1.1 bar on my VR6 with a 9:1 spacer, stock bottom end and 93. Like I said, the tune and intake temps are everything.
          84 318, 86 325ES, 85 325E. 89 325IS,
          89 BMW 325is Turbo - 8.02@85mph 1/8th

90 VW Golf, 01 VW TDI Jetta
          98 VW GTI VR6 - 11.679@117.58mph Timeslip
          96 VW GTI VR6 - 7.63@97mph

www.lugtronic.com

Comment

People turbo Hayabusa's which are 12.5:1. Just makes it harder for a newb to tune.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

True, you will eventually hit a wall with pump gas though. After that your tuning around the issue.
              84 318, 86 325ES, 85 325E. 89 325IS,
              89 BMW 325is Turbo - 8.02@85mph 1/8th

90 VW Golf, 01 VW TDI Jetta
              98 VW GTI VR6 - 11.679@117.58mph Timeslip
              96 VW GTI VR6 - 7.63@97mph

www.lugtronic.com

Comment

Working...
              X