From knowing nothing to having a Thunderbird supercharger on an m20b27i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Give your car a name like "The DiamondSchwartz Harlot"... Then you can smack it around all you want because you know it likes the treatment.
    I LOL-ed.

Originally posted by Sideways87 View Post
    It's pretty kickass if you ask me!!! For what its worth to the nay sayers it was faster than my m50 swap. I want to see it again once you get a good tune on it. If you want to make a video sometime let me and agent know, we can help you out.
    Thanks man.

Originally posted by agent View Post
    One day on your next non-kid week, we'll get together and shoot some video on my GoPro and Zach's camera.

Or you can take it to the AutoX with us...
    Yes, and yes.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

In for videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
        K, here's the thing. I don't wanna put a video of me driving my car all fast on Facebook. Not cause I think the cops will come after me, but because I don't want to put that shit on FB. I liken it to people putting pictures of their fuckin' dinner on FB. Now, if I could figure out the Youtubes, I'd totally put one one there. This is also "my work week" (the week that I work) as apposed to "my kid week" which is the week that I have my kids, so I really have little time to do sweet burnout vids and stuff. But, Agent and Sideways87 both saw it in person so if anyone thinks I'm dodging, ask them if was kickass or not. But I will get something on here eventually. You've waited 7 months, give me a couple more days and I'll accommodate you.

I didn't even get to drive it at all today. :(
        I like how you words.
        REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          One day on your next non-kid week, we'll get together and shoot some video on my GoPro and Zach's camera.

Or you can take it to the AutoX with us...
          It's the other chris. I did just pick up a new GoPro this week...we have this covered. Maybe I'll even find someone to pull me around in my E30 :pimp:.
          '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

0-80(ish)MPH
            Besides the supercharger, 4.10 diff, and megasquirt, this car is bone stock.

0 views, 8 likes, 0 loves, 16 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Jacob Crawford: A quick 0-80mph run for my internet car friends.
            Last edited by Ether-D; 03-22-2014, 07:44 PM.
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Nice bottom end giddy up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Then about 50 miles later, this happened…
                motherfuckshitballsucker!!!!!!
                Attached Files
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                  Nice bottom end giddy up

Thanks bro. That's what I was shooting for. I don't reckon it'll be down for too long, as I have the extra car. But still, fuck.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just spent an hour reading this thread. Nice build and that last pic equals ouch!!

Time for a set of beefier rocker arms?
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                      Time for a set of beefier rocker arms?
                      I think so. Those were a mix of used ones from 3 different heads.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Might want to further investigate. I'm on stock rockers at 330whp (soon to be 400 :-) )

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Any vids not on Facebook?

Sent from my Sony Z using tapatalk!

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                            Might want to further investigate. I'm on stock rockers at 330whp (soon to be 400 :-) )

I think it was just weak and old. I'm gonna get a full set of new ones.

Sorry 007, nothing not on FB for now, but i made it public so it should work for anybody.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oops... Yeah, weak and old is probably the culprit, as long as you had lash set correctly.

Horsepower or even RPM doesn't kill rocker arms... valve spring load and cam lobe ramp rates do. If you're on stock valvesprings and a stock cam, just replace it with a stocker.

HOWEVER, you may consider a NEW stocker instead of another part with an unknown history. Febi rockers for my M30 were reasonably priced, but I don't remember the exact amount right off.

Comment

I was nearly 400hp with stock rockers, I have my old head which is minty 115k if you are interested. Will be selling soon. I would get hd rockers regardless if you rebuild it, they are not that much for peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X