No announcement yet.

From knowing nothing to having a Thunderbird supercharger on an m20b27i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the head back. It's oh so shiny. I'll be putting the rockers and shafts back in tonight with a complimentary valve adjustment. Then slap it on the bottom end I've been dicking about with for the last two months. Feels good to be making some damn progress.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
      Tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous letting anyone else touch my car. Even if they are a pro.
      To add fuel to the fire... just because someone is a "pro" doesn't mean he's good at his job.

Took a friend's Mjata to the only guy in the state who still tunes the TEC2 he's had in the car for 15+ years... The guy was a fucking moron and hacked up the O2 sensor wiring, as well as setting the upper HALF of the load table for 12.5 AFR and other "I'm too lazy to actually tune this engine" level of stupidity. Be VERY careful when picking a tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
        To add fuel to the fire... just because someone is a "pro" doesn't mean he's good at his job.
        Right. This is what I'm afraid of.
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The head is assembled and on the block.

God-damn it's pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

A few more pics:

~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Pulled the ole vert into the "shop" today. It looked like this:

Cussed and screamed and farted. Then it looked like this:

Farted some more. It looked like this:

(F)Artsy shot:

~~~~~~~~~~
              I was born on 3/25…
              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Broken motor mount and trans mount on the driver's side. Ordered new ones. I also ordered a new clutch. Sachs pressure plate (made in Germany) and fx racing kevlar somethingorother disc (made in USA) for $200. The combo is rated at 305hp and about the same tq. That should be plenty.
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mad Torx, j0!

Comment

Great way to show love to the M20 ;)

Comment

Woohoo. Making progress!!!!

Comment

Some interesting vehicles in this...

~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This evening I put the intake and exhaust manifolds onto the new motor. Also painted a bunch of brackets and such. I'm about sick of painting…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So, the timing belt is on and I was turning the motor over by hand with a breaker bar and I'd swear that I was feeling one cylinder with lower compression. So instead of just checking the compression, I fretted and pissed and whined and was all "I'm just gonna not check the compression and I'm just gonna install this damn thing because I've been working on it too damn long to have to pull it all apart and redo it now". But my good buddies known to you as Chondamax and Agent here on r3v, said I had to check and if I didn't, I was a moo-ron. So I did and this is what I got:

So I was glad. Thanks again AndyB. and Swanny!!
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It appears you need to recalibrate your elbow.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I zeroed it out so it should be back in calibration.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X