Turbo sizes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stanhayward
    Mod Crazy
    • Mar 2013
    • 765

    #1

    Turbo sizes

    Hey all, just about ready to buy a turbo for my build finally, I was wondering who had experiences with larger turbos. I'm looking at a Precision 66mm turbo but am hesitant at the size. I'd choose the .58 or .68 ar divided housing to try and help responsiveness, but am I looking at a usable power range? Thanks guys!

    Also, if you have any other suggestions the turbo needs to be a divided T4 externally wastegated as I already have the manifold.
    1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
    1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
    1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
    ...And a couple others...
  • Good & Tight
    Forum Sponsor
    • Apr 2004
    • 2057

    #2
    Originally posted by stanhayward
    Hey all, just about ready to buy a turbo for my build finally, I was wondering who had experiences with larger turbos. I'm looking at a Precision 66mm turbo but am hesitant at the size. I'd choose the .58 or .68 ar divided housing to try and help responsiveness, but am I looking at a usable power range? Thanks guys!

    Also, if you have any other suggestions the turbo needs to be a divided T4 externally wastegated as I already have the manifold.
    Need more info on your set up, what engine, specs, HP goal, use for the car, etc...?
    I would guess a M10 for a .68 back housing.
    Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/
    ____________________________
    E-mail Panayiotisx2@gmail.com
    Dyno vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

    Comment

    • stanhayward
      Mod Crazy
      • Mar 2013
      • 765

      #3
      It's going to be a 2.8 with high-ish compression, a 280 cam, and a welded head with o-ringed block. Looking for 550whp horsepower, the 66mm precision is good to 700 crank. Car is a no-fucks-given street/occasional drifter.
      1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
      1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
      1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
      ...And a couple others...

      Comment

      • sayed ali
        Mod Crazy
        • Jan 2012
        • 762

        #4
        I suggest the Precision SC6262 Billet turbo with T3 and .82 Or since you already have a T4 mani .. you can go with T4 and .68

        Check this

        http://realstreetperformance.com/sto...rnal-1339.html


        M20B28 Turbo

        My Build Thread

        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

        Comment

        • stanhayward
          Mod Crazy
          • Mar 2013
          • 765

          #5
          Okay so we're thinking a 66 is too big then? I'll look into the 58-62 range, thanks guys!
          1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
          1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
          1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
          ...And a couple others...

          Comment

          Working...