Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Twin Screw Supercharger System Interest

Hi guys,

Im just gauging interest on a supercharger system for the M20. We are currently developing a Water to Air Intercooled Twin Screw Supercharger System for the M42/M44 engines and I was wanting to know some interest on developing a system for the M20. The system we have in the works allows for a large majority of parts to be shared between systems so this allows us to cut down on costs. Also due to the modular design we can offer various stages that offer intercooled and non intercooled setups, so that you can start off with a lower price. I dont want to quote any numbers as of yet because we are just now starting the build of the prototype for the M42/M44 and the M20 systems, and if you ask me talk is cheap. So all I am looking for is if anyone would be interested, the price I can safely say will not pass 4,000 and the non intercooled version should be below 3,000. The system uses an 1.7 Opcon Autorotor Twin Screw Supercharger and dual Laminova water to air intercoolers. We are currently building a M20 system but we currently do not know if its going to be just for a project car or if you guys would be interested in the system, so again just need to know your interest. Finally I know the turbo systems are well developed and that you can produce a cheap turbo system that produces good power, Im not debating this and I believe its a great idea for the DIY guy who wants to try it. I look forward to hearing your replies!

Greg Scrivner
    SEAM
    OEM & Performance BMW Parts

I want one!!! I was going to make a custom one with a mercedes supercharger...I dont like the current ones on the market... But I like twin screws... so here is one Hell Yes.

Comment

-I am interested. Keep us updated with the progress.
      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Interest? Sure. Keep us posted.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

yes

Comment

I'm totally down!... in a year or two... or four... damn college.

'88 325is
            VP UT of Austin Autoholics
            BMWCCA 380364

Comment

would be a badass setup, especially on a low comp stroker
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Air to water.

I am curious about air to liquid setup. Does it use engine coolant as the liquid or is there a separate system?

Comment

1991_318is,

It uses the same composition (water to antifreeze) as your engine coolant depending on where you live and what type of temperatures you experience. The system is a seperate cooling unit using its own front mount heat exchanger (radiator), intercooler cores (cool the air), water pump, and coolant storage tank. Also good Im glad there is some interest and I will definately get some more information together for everyone to look at. The more engine platforms we can use this on the lower we can sell it for because of the modular design (we get good discounts when we purchase and build in bulk). Again thanks for the interest and I will keep you guys updated! Look forward to more replies!

Greg Scrivner
                  SEAM
                  OEM & Performance BMW Parts

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is
                    I am curious about air to liquid setup. Does it use engine coolant as the liquid or is there a separate system?
                    I use it in my S/C Jeep. With and intank reservoir to have more coolant capacity and front rad.

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Interested. Are you sure you can get the 1.7L twin screws from AR? I know they are cutting back their sales numbers to more independant operations to keep kenne bell supplied. Isnt 1.7L quite large for a 2.5L motor (even with the A/W IC), especially since most of your clients will be running stock CR or close to? An Air/Air intercooler would be much better for most peoples use.

Just some comments/questions because I am interested.

I dont think you would have problems selling the kits.
                      Last edited by wazzu70; 03-09-2006, 01:49 PM.
                      -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Might that fit an M20 in a 525?

Hi everyone,

I'd be interested as well if it could be fitted to an M20 in a 525. Would that be compatible with a MAF conversion? I was looking at the Schneller kit which comes with a MAF conversion. I like the idea of faster throttle response and eliminating the alleged restriction.

How is the development schedule? Honestly, this sounds like a project for next year for me financially.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Id be interested for sure in the m42 version.
                          Back to my roots

Comment

Yes. I would be interested in runing this on my 2.8 liter m20 stroker.
                            79 323i

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70
                              An Air/Air intercooler would be much better for most peoples use.
                              The positioning of a twin screw really only allows for a water to air. Usually it is possitioned very close to the intake. IMO the water to air is better since it allows for very short tubing. I would use one even with a turbo setup...

Will you take payments for the next four years?

Comment

Working...
                              X