HELP, Do I need HD rockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, Do I need HD rockers?

Hey guys I bought a car that had a broken timing belt so the head needed redone. Well I had it put back to factory with a few new valves and all new rockers as well as a new oem cam. I drove it for a few hundred miles and well I decided to just go all out and Im doin the 3 liter stroker and a turbo.

My question is do I NEED HD rockers or will the new oem be good enough? Yes I will race it around and bounce the rev limiter ;) I like to have fun with my cars. Since Ive already spent so much another 300 isnt that big of a deal but I still like to save if i can. What you guys think? HD or oem?

It's highly recommended unless you want to do it again. The stock rockers will last for a little, but will have a shorter life than HD rockers. Especially if $300 isn't much more to you.

Comment

^ those are very good, however, it depends on your setup, max rpm, etc.. If you're doing a 3.0L turbo and wants serious power, then you may need these $$$

Our VAC Aluminum Rocker Arms are here to dispel the myth that heavy steel rockers are needed to maintain reliable performance and sacrifice high RPM stability.

Although, I never heard a broken HD rocker ..

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Yea, ive seen those. i dont think im gonna jump on that train just yet.

Comment

if you like to drive the car hard yes I'd do HD rocker arms. My OEM broke after about 1 year of revlimiter use/abuse.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
          X