Need Help, Turbo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help, Turbo Questions

im a noob to the turbo world and i was wondering if you guys can help me out on some questions that i had. i just bought a 1988 325is and i want to turbo it. im looking to get around 300hp or more if its possible.

do i need to change my pistons? or should i just buy new piston rings?

do i need a mls headgasket?

Are ARP headsuds/bolts required?

i found this kit on ebay and i believe that it looks to be a good kit for a good price, what do you guys thnk?

i was thinking about using the miller performance turbo tuning kit, i dont really know anything about tuning so i think its pretty good for the price.

The best, and only stock ECU tuning solution for your boosted BMW e30 M20 engine. With a Miller MAF conversion, 42# injectors, Miller WAR Chip and base tune, make up to 500 HP to the wheels. Call toll free to find our more today, 855 269 8863

i would appreciate it if you guys can help me out

This depends on mileage. Many people have had good success on stock m20's If you are interested bimmerheads does great head work
    I would recommend it
    No but I also would recommend it
    i found this kit on ebay and i believe that it looks to be a good kit for a good price, what do you guys thnk?

Some have mixed results with ebay kits. If you insist on an ebay kit I would recommend cxracing. But if you want a properly sorted kit I would highly recommend TCD
    But the best would be to do you research and piece together your own. This will save you money but not time

i was thinking about using the miller performance turbo tuning kit, i dont really know anything about tuning so i think its pretty good for the price.
    https://www.millerperformancecars.co...age-m20-detail
    I would look into megasquirt instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TapOut View Post
      im a noob to the turbo world and i was wondering if you guys can help me out on some questions that i had. i just bought a 1988 325is and i want to turbo it. im looking to get around 300hp or more if its possible.

No, assuming nothing is currently wrong.

No, OEM style headgaskets (other than the Victor Reinz ones) are being used by people with ~400whp setups with no issues.

I would strongly recommend it

It doesn't strike me as the best deal, and it isn't very complete. I would definitely stay away from the wastegate and BOV in the kit. If you have any kind of tuning setup (megasquirt, VEMS etc) you don't need the adjustable FPR, and everything else will be general ebay quality stuff.

I would also reccomend megasquirt. Whodwho here on r3v makes custom plug and play megasquirt 2 setups to use your stock m20 harness (for the most part) and he has been very helpful so far in my build.

If you're looking at kits, take a peek at Kamotors kits. They're more than double the price of that kit, but there's way more to them, and he has a lot of development time invested in his own car to figure out what works well.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
      X