Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dederic Motorsports (Blueapplesoda) kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dederic Motorsports (Blueapplesoda) kit?

Has anybody run one? ive seen a few posts of people asking but so far nobody has run one.

Seems to be a very legit kit from a reputable guy..?

Im starting my turbo project (ported head and cam stuff right now) and am interested in it. probably gonna run an HX instead of his supplied turbo, and crank up the controller and gate to 18psi.

Anyway... ANYONE??

Thanks
    1989 325i

It doesn't mention, what brand turbo. For the money imo, kamotors kit seems like it has alot better parts. Similar price and you are getting a rock solid turbo.

Comment

Would go kamotors over the blueapplesoda setup for support alone.

Did blueapplesoda ever come back to r3v? I just remember everyone having issues getting in contact with him around the time I decided to just piece together my own setup and go through whodwho for a pnp ms2
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

It says generic gt35 for the turbo, I don't recommend any chinese turbo. First one I had was good but my "generic" gt35 literally blew up after 900 miles.

Comment

I spoke to blueapple over the phone. It is a generic gt35 (same one that's on ebay).

Comment

I plan to run my own holset instead of a chinky 35r. The reason I looked to this is because ecu's scare me and he provides a pre programmed one. As well as injectors and a wide band o2

Does Kam include an ecu also?
            1989 325i

Comment

I include everything except for a few bolts and vac line. ECU w/ base tune for 60lbers, injectors, piping, oil setup, etc

7speedshop.com

Comment

I did not know that. Thank you for chiming in. seems like i got to rethink my strategy.
                1989 325i

Comment

I'm running the blueapplesoda kit....piece your own kit

OBX adapter
                  ebay gt35 turbo
                  knock off 44mm TIAL wastegate
                  knock off TIAL BOV
                  ebay intercooler

The only thing really worth it was the plug and play PS2 (could buy from whodowho) and the downpipe, which really is a beautiful piece

I mounted the intercooler in front of the kidney grills instead of where the oil cooler is so I could run the oil cooler in the stock location.

For what it's worth, the car is fun enough and makes the power I want, but I wish I did have a better turbo that responds better
                  1997 Artic Silver M3
                  CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                    I'm running the blueapplesoda kit....piece your own kit

OBX adapter
                    ebay gt35 turbo
                    knock off 44mm TIAL wastegate
                    knock off TIAL BOV
                    ebay intercooler

The only thing really worth it was the plug and play PS2 (could buy from whodowho) and the downpipe, which really is a beautiful piece

I mounted the intercooler in front of the kidney grills instead of where the oil cooler is so I could run the oil cooler in the stock location.

For what it's worth, the car is fun enough and makes the power I want, but I wish I did have a better turbo that responds better
                    I was thinking about running the same set up as you but maybe a gt30 turbo. do you think that would have better response than the larger gt35?
                    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Yes, but get a gt30"R"....you want the real deal, or its just not going to feel "right"
                      1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Maniac, I'd live to piece my own kit together, but I'm afraid that in doing so I'll have to make my own charge pipes, which is something I don't have the garage to do. Unless I can piece everything else ( bimmerheads manifold, hx35, my own oil feed and drain, etc) and buy the charge pipes and intercooler from say Kam? And have it all fit..?
                        1989 325i

Comment

You should be fine....if anything, you'll need to get creative with the piping from the intercooler to the turbo, maybe need a different coupler or cut the piping to an appropriate size/clock the turbo for the coupler to fit the pipe, etc
                          1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

I guess that ain't so bad. My thought is that if I build my own kit then pipes made already may not fit right.

I got nothing but time. Definitely not going to rush this
                            1989 325i

Comment

Working...
                            X