No announcement yet.

Ruthless the turbo 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little more work tonight. I got the engine out which was pretty painless. Pulled the transmission off and looked at the clutch and pressure plate. Everything looked great which wasn't a surprise considering it hardly had 100 miles on everything. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the engine on the stand and pulled the bottom end out. All the bearings look basically new with slight wear on each one. One piston was melted pretty bad and each one had broken compression rings. I'm thinking I didn't provide enough ring clearance. Thats the only thing that I can think of that would cause that. Anyone else have another idea? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a little more done on it the last couple days. I pulled the whole engine and head apart to go down to the machine shop. The machinist said the broken rings were because the tune was detonating like a sum a bitch. Cleaned the whole engine bay out with a pressure washer. I took a before and after. Also is this enough Clarence for the bigger 2.8 crank? Not much space in there but the crank obviously doesn't move much. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Little bit of work got done. I dropped off the head, pistons, block and crank off at the machine shop. I also scored a good deal on some brand new 135mm K1 Connecting rods. I'm going to get the rotating assembly balanced since I have a bunch of new parts. I was wondering if ARP main cap studs are worth it? I would have to get a line bore if I did get them. I haven't head anything about the OEM bolts failing. Just wondering if anyone has some knowledge they would share. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the valve guides, rods, and 5 pistons dropped off at the machine shop today. (Still waiting on VAC to make my other piston and ship the rings) I weighed all the connecting rods and every one was 500 grams exactly. I threw a piston on there just to see what it looked like! Getting stuff together! Got a bunch of seals and a new cam seal guide shoutout ForcedFirebird for having one or 50! Also picked up some outer ball joints because mine are shot. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lookin pretty great!

Comment

Alright guys I'm back again. And I have a quick question. I got the groove-o-matic and I'm o-ringing my block. I used a spare m20 block I had laying around. The picture with the wider gap between the cylinders is the cut moved In a little in comparison to the fire ring on the gasket. The more narrow gap is with the cut of the tool in the center of the fire ring on the gasket. My question is, is that narrow gap too narrow? Or will it work? I would like for the o-ring to be centered on the fire ring. But let me know your experiences and if the wider one will work. I have to also take into consideration my block has been bored and the spare I'm using had not been. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X