e30 m20 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m20 turbo build

Hey! I'm totally new to this forum so excuse me if I'm in the wrong spot or whatever. I'm also 17 and don't have a huge knowledge on cars but I understand them. I have a 87' 325i cabrio that I've installed coil overs on and that's about it. I'm buying another m20 as a project engine. I think I'm going to use a turbo from a 2006 Volvo v60. I'm also doing ARP head studs, MLS head gasket, Miller war chip, a spec stage 3 clutch, and a 285 degree schrick cam. Does this sound alright for a little build? Thanks!

I'm not really sure what your goals are, but I think I'd leave out the cam. Use that money to get yourself Megasquirt so you can tune it.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      I'm not really sure what your goals are, but I think I'd leave out the cam. Use that money to get yourself Megasquirt so you can tune it.
      Solid. Ditch the Miller Stuff.
      Your build is as successful as your tune.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

The Miller war chip is a tune-able clip just like a mega squirt, it's just bmw orientated :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
          The Miller war chip is a tune-able clip just like a mega squirt, it's just bmw orientated :)
          It's trash and crude tech using a MAF conversion. I've had it before and switched and so have others after the experience.
          I even had Dan Miller himself tune my car on the dyno with me maybe 4 separate times and I'm still not shy to say its trash.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Good start to your build or good ideas. Like others have said, ditch the cam, not worth the money and get a megasquirt setup.. that's what I'm running and it's excellent.
            2016 F-150
            1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Working...
            X