If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Forcefed, you mentioned the 5* drop from 100 to 120kpa. That's what I have going on here as well. It seems to drive well and transition over well. I have verified my tooth angle so timing numbers are correct. What would you suggest that I do to help smooth that transition? This is on E85 BTW.
Okay so i readjusted my ignition timing cause I did notice the jumps you mentioned! and its much smoother and dont have to play with the throttle to idle!!
Feels a little lazy on the transition n top end but still good.
Engine temp risen from 175F to now 190F, but the car feel more tamed
I built it to see how far i can go with a "Stock" M20b25 engine!
So far its running strong!
I trying to learn the timing limits of a m20 engine with stock distributor!
Everyone says high boost low timing? But all my m20s love high timing!
How delayed are the ignition or coil ?
Any info please
Thank You
Instagram:
_Jgcustom
Lajaim92[IMG][/IMG]
Your timing doesn't need to jump down 5° going from 100kpa (no boost) to 120kpa (3psi boost), and all of your N/A section of the commanded fuel is way too rich. The m20 likes to run in the mid 13's at less than 100kpa, gradually getting richer from 120-240kpa peaking at high 10's or low 11's. For timing, start with a stock table and take out 2° for every 10kpa of boost. Be careful with an MLS gasket and high timing, you will break/burn pistons and not even know you are since the gasket will likely hold more than the pistons.
Also, we don't know where your timing really is unless you used a timing light to verify you are starting at 0. If your trigger offset is -5° off, then you would need that much more timing in your tables to make up for it (we only see half the story with your tables).
Autozone spark plugs don't say much - they sell all the typical brands. I would suggest NGK bpr7es, maybe even a 7 since you are on the stock single coil. What gap are your plugs?
that is allot of timing but maybe because you're so rich.
on the wot, that's about right i guess. just up it *2 every pull and if it does nothing,
or if you're not sure, then back it down again.
should get you right where you want to be. add *1 after 5k.
using this i went to the dyno and it was on point *24 anymore it lost power,
even though i didn't feel the power loss on the street.
on the driving portions it doesn't look too good. :P
I built it to see how far i can go with a "Stock" M20b25 engine!
So far its running strong!
I trying to learn the timing limits of a m20 engine with stock distributor!
Everyone says high boost low timing? But all my m20s love high timing!
How delayed are the ignition or coil ?
UPDATE: the head was finally pulled off today, and we discovered that the head cracked even though it has welded coolant jackets. I’m gonna throw in a new head and put it back together, then let my tuner finish the tune and go from there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While you're in there try and figure out why the head cracked. I'd suspect the two main causes of this issue would be over temp and/or preignition. Both of those could be caused by poor tuning.
UPDATE: the head was finally pulled off today, and we discovered that the head cracked even though it has welded coolant jackets. I’m gonna throw in a new head and put it back together, then let my tuner finish the tune and go from there.
3days and you get that as a result. How much did you pay this "tuner" ?
Maybe I should be a "tuner"....
I’m definitely going to have a talk with him and figure out what is the reason the tune looks like garbage. The thing is, where I live I’m super limited to tuners. I can basically pick from 3 of them, and 2 of them have reputations of blowing many engine on the dyno, and the tuner I went with blew his own trumpet quite a bit, but some of my friends who had their cars tuned from him have had good results so I don’t really know what’s going on
Leave a comment: