Clear All

miller maf

anybody tried miller maf coversion ?

care to elaborate?

links? pics?

a common AFM swap is to use the M30's AFM
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

miller converts to mass air flow sensor, use there program in your ecu. maf should be more effecient than afm and driveability should be better. i don't know if they have different maps for injector type, displacement, fuel grade, etc. i am interested in setup for stroker, should be less costly than megasquirt, split second, etc. i think the bosch ecu's work well, but the afm is a bit dated.

Comment

Ask Rs4Pro about his home made unit.

Comment

I am currently deciding on N/A or FI (leaning towards a serious N/A). I'll be going for the MAF conversion. Looks like Miller is the most "plug and play".
          1997 Porsche Carrera "S" The Mistress
          1988 BMW R100RS "Ultimate Airhead"
          1987 325is Daily driver and tracktoy with a growing list of mods.

Comment

I'm seriously considering the miller setup. they are just across the border from me so I'm thinking I could bring it up there and have it tuned by them as well. it's not in my immediate plans though.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ya I put together my own kit for my car, The miller kit is nice for people who want a plug and play solution. But i wanted to retain some sort of adjustment with mine as I have a stroker, with larger injectors, and about to throw a ITB setup on it. Miller does sell a piggyback setup, but by the time you spend the money you could do the conversion on of the many other ways.

FYI if you have major plans for your engine look at a full standalone ecu, it will be of great benefit to get the most power possible out of your engine.
              85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
              X