No announcement yet.

ebay turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quality turbo is usually over 500 bucks, a quality manifold that is going to last and make power is nearly 400 bucks just for an adapter, standalone minimum is around 500 bucks by the time ur done, 200+ on quality WG, 200 for an exhaust, 150 for a good BOV, 150-200 at least for a good IC, 200+ for a WB, 100+ on guages, 150 for IC piping, 40 for a cone filter, welding, gaskets and all that kind of shit.. It REALLY adds up to build a setup with QUALITY pieces.

I had that same manifold in my possession it is made out of very thin SS, more show than go. I would much rather support people like Jon Volk that build quality pieces you never have to worry about.

People have different priorities. I just like doing things once with quality components.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

That does make sense. I've gone through and priced out a quality turbo kit like you're talking about and it does easily add up to $3k-$5k+. You definitely get what you pay for, but I'm happy there's an option (albeit a low quality one) for someone who doesn't have high goals when it comes to HP or quality.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
        Yeah. are you on a m30afm? And do you have pics of this install.
        no, stock m20 afm

the turbo comes with a vband on it.....i jsut welded a flange over it to use my 3 bolt....dont worry about the vacuum lines being split like that...ones to the only important one is the fuel rail...the other are like gauges and bov and wastegate operation.....

i kept blowing afms putting it on the cold side, and i couldnt figure out what to use to connect the afm in front of the turbo due no space, so i just used the stock afm boot, then used the m20 afm infront with just a tiny filter over the afm entrance. its pretty much just a kitchen scrub pad so large particles and objects dont get sucked in. dirt and stuff still gets in, but megasquirt will solve the afm problem.
        Last edited by blueapplesoda; 04-11-2007, 01:04 AM.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

i may just buy it if i have the money, go through and part what i think is crap. then piece together a better turbo kit.

but it seems like this will give people all the basics.

Comment

im getting this with grad money.

i found the same kit for 1000 bucks. any ideas as to what else i should get? different injectors etc. etc.?

Comment

Working...
            X