X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Ebay Turbo Help!

87' 325e 2.7
    Hey i also have the ebay turbo kit.
    Where can i get those 17.5# e36 m3 injectors??? or what other injectors should i get/?

I will get a turbo-smart FPregulator
    Manual boost controller
    255 fuel pump
    Most importantly What ECU software do i use???
    and should i spray any coating on the manifold ? or not.

Thanks i hope i can see some answers.

i think megasquirt is wat most guys use. are you gona do internal engine work or just go ahead and blow your engine? also why not some ford injectors?

Comment

Did you do any motor work? cause the "e" is 9:1 comp. Or did you put an "i" head on it? And as for the manifold, do you mean intake or exhaust? Cause if it is the ebay exhaust manifold it looks very thin and will crack cause of the heat, although the flange looks great and is what IE should of used on their long tube headers.
      Last edited by JasonC; 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

compression ratio doesnt matter much. But it is going to depend upon the application. 10psi is not necessarily 10psi that is soley dependant on the size of the turbo, ex 21psi from a KO3 might be exqual to 8psi from an HX40. And as far as timing goes you will be fine as long as you are not using a chip intended for a NA engine.

There is a possibility of the manifold cracking but I have yet to see one person post a picture of that ebay manifold cracked.

If you are going to use a FMU then get the BEGI one it is adjustable.
        If you are planning on using any form of a piggyback or stand alone fuel control then you will not need the FMU but you will need larger injectors.

You are better off asking your turbo questions on E30tech.com or at least asking someone slightly familar with turbos.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

list

1 Where do i get the oil line from besides the oil pan...
          2 what injectors do i use
          3 I will get the EIP tuning fuel press regulator.
          4 what type of spark plugs do i use.

Comment

When i had my 2.2 turboII Shelby Daytona and Charger, i was using 52 lbs/hr injectors and running 17 psi. Although i see alot of people using alot less injector on their boosted BMW's. Check over at e30tech, i hear alot of people say that there's alot of boosted e30's over there. And if not signed up with them then do so now cause sometimes it takes along time for your acount to be put in place over there.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Ford injectors are a direct bolt-in, and are underrated compared to others. I have a set of 24# Blue-top Denso's I will sell for $125 shipped in the US (set of 8 ) from a Mustang.

I also have a Paxton 8:1 FMU I just listed on e-bay (never used), but if it doesn't sell, I'll take $100 for that as well.

The oil has to return to the oil pan (above the oil line), unless you mount the turbo higher than the valve cover, and you can return it there (usually not feasable). The supply line is easiest done with a tee fitting at the oil pressure sender. Use a -3an or -4an for a supply and at least a -10an for the return.

As far as having cast internals, you should have no problems unless you detonate due to lean conditions. I have seen a 10 second k-car on 30psi with cast pistons. (google "relentless 10 second k car" to see it) Your biggest fear should be tuning. I would recomend MegaSquirt, as it has all kinds of cool features, like "antilag", spark control, alky control, secondary injector control, optional 4bar MAP, etc.

I failed a rod bearing at 7psi in my Firebird, because it taped the rev-limiter and my stock ECM pulled fuel to limit. It was my own fault and I knew better, but the worst part is, that I had a MS sitting in the garage waiting to be installed - just was lazy, now I'm paying for it.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

BTW: JasonC, nice 4thGen ;).
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

You are going to want to go at least one step colder, on the spark plugs.

Considering that you have an Eta you cannot use mustange injectors they are high imp and you need low impedence injectors. Sorry to bomb your sale Firebird.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                    Sorry to bomb your sale Firebird.
                    No problem, I'd rather not sell something somebody couldn't use ;). I was unaware of the difference, but I saw someone mention Ford injectors it in this thread. They still could be used if MegaSquirt was installed.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Originally posted by E30BIGTURBO View Post
                      1. You Have to either Use a Line from the Oil pressure sender on the block underneath the oil filter.

2.Injectors depends on how much power you want to make.

3. Sounds good.

4. brp7es spark plugs Which I think are step colder than stock

I would say Stay away from ms for the time being Get an m30 afm And run Like that You can support 24lb injectors with an m30 afm

Comment

e30tech has a nice turbo faq and some other good info...enough to answer about all of your questions. It is down for now though so I will spout some stuff:

Where can i get those 17.5# e36 m3 injectors???
                        my 19lb injectors were hitting over 80% duty cycle at just 8psi... on a bad tune yes, but i would extremely recommend you getting at least some 24lb injectors if you are shooting for 8psi or over. Most who go for big boost will use 42lb or higher. My 24lbers are in the 60-70% range at 12psi so almost time to upgrade again:shock:

Most importantly What ECU software do i use???
                        and should i spray any coating on the manifold ? or not.
                        TCD makes a turbo chip that will help your car not explode under boost. If you arnt getting a msd spark retard box i would go for the chip. If you are using the ebay manifold I dont know much about it... header wrap would probably work just as good or better for heat in your engine bay... but as far as that effecting the durability of your manifold I am not sure.

1. Oil tapped from the oil filter adapter housing if you have one... if you dont you should add one and a oil cooler if possible to help keep your oil temps down. I use a 4an feed and a sweet gas line drain around the back of my engine into the oil dipstick, but I would recommend a 10an drain into your oil pan for you. You can find kits and hose online.

2. You want ATLEAST 24lbers~ I think all the stock computer can handle is 30 so that really limits you. if your going to use the e computer go for low-imp or figure out a way to switch over to some I equipment... I haven't done anything with the low-resistance stuff so i don't know much about it.

3. not sure what that is but if its a tunable fpr then that would be the way to go cheaply

4. NGK brp7es plugs~ yes and make sure to gap them to .025
                        I know it seems like a very small gap but if you leave them the way they come at a .040 gap they will blow out at just 8psi. I know this.

I would say Stay away from ms for the time being Get an m30 afm And run Like that You can support 24lb injectors with an m30 afm
                        Will the 'E' run a m30 afm? Will the 'E' run High Imp injectors? The most boost you can run on the stock computer is limited by what size injectors it can run... 24# with double stock fuel pressure are still only flowing about 33# of fuel... enough for about 300-325hp (using the charts here: http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/minj.htm)

If you have an E you should seriously consider swapping on a I head and computer so that you can r3v higher, you can use high imp injectors, and your intake manifold/tb will flow more air. Good things if you are going turbo, and shouldn't cost more than 500$

read this:
                        EFI, Fuel Injection, Auto, automotive, car, TPI, computation, ECU, MegaSquirt, GPIO, MicroSquirt, Sequencer, stim, MegaShift, MShift, DIY, transmission, 4L60E, 4L80E, controller, shifter

and this:

-Quint
                        Last edited by Q5Quint; 09-20-2007, 08:45 AM. Reason: megamanual!

Comment

Ok so its going to be 30 lbs injectors low impedance stock ECU running only 8-10 lbs boost.. Vortech FPR 12:1 , Warlbro fuelpump255/ NGK 3923 BPR8ES spark plugs
                          Stock ECU run AFM in front of the turbo with the stock hose.
                          Missing anything elsE?? its just going to be a very relaxed drive not something to beat the Sh*t out of driven maybe 2wice a month or so.

Comment

Msd Btm

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                              Msd Btm

Is it necc??? its 400$...

Comment

Working...
                              X