questions on building stroker 323i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions on building stroker 323i

Alright guys, figured I'm not going the M50 route, so I want to build a stroker motor from my 323i. Searched but couldn't find any info. what all do I need or if anyone has done this and can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

How is your head?

easiest way with a 323i head is a straight 2.7l bottom end. the combustion chamber shape fo the 323i head is perfect for the eta bottom end. Bolt it up and go. You'll probably want to upgrade your injection electronics though.

Otherwise, you'd want to start with a B25 head and block. You can't do anything with the B23 block either way (the cylinder walls are too small to bore it out to even 84mm). You could work with the 323i head for a custom stroker, but the 885 casting has a better combustion chamber, larger valves and ports.

if you want a LOT of information, call Jim at metric mechanic. You don't have to buy anything from him, and you'll get way better information than the crap you find on forums. He knows about all the "cheap" stroker combos too.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

so for the if I get that right, easiest way with a 323i head is a straight 2.7l bottom end. the combustion chamber shape fo the 323i head is perfect for the eta bottom end. Bolt it up and go. You'll probably want to upgrade your injection electronics though.

so M50 injectors would be ideal for this? What about engine management? Stock computer be able to adjust, or would I need MS?
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

you have to be carefull and do research.
        there were 2 version of 323i head. the 200 casting (same as eta) and the 7XX casting (dont remember exact number). the later on is better i think, bigger ports and valves i think. 323i bore is 81mm and b27 bore is 84mm. it will work. make sure you check your piston to head/valves clearance, because it is a fact that there were at least 2 different head design and several types of pistons for b23/b25/b27, i understand there are some rules what fits where but i'm unable to advice from the top of my head. just be carefull and measure everything. dont assume it will all fit together. it might, but it might not depending on what you have,

Comment

If u bore to 84mm there is a very very big chance to crack the bore, there isn't enough meat on the Cylinder bores.

Comment

Working...
          X