Rotex Supercharger Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotex Supercharger Kits

I've spent the day reading things on the Rotex SC kits for the M20. I found the installation PDF for the kit - which looks awesome. Everyone seems to praise them yet no one has dyno sheets, price, or dealer info on them.

Is the company still in business? Lowen Design's site is crap. The Rotex site doesnt even list an E30 application. All the links I've found in archived threads are to sites that are no more. European dealers still have the kit on their site's listed as "coming soon."

Are Rotex SC Kits some kind of urban interweb myth? Everyone seems to talk about them but the detailed info is pretty much non existant.

I'm pretty sure they are/were real.
    How much are you looking to spend?

Comment

Just checking out my options. I'm debating whether to turbo or supercharge down the line. The Rotex kits seem pretty quality. I'm assuming they're around $4-5k, and hoping they're less then $3k.

Comment

I can't find squat.

I did a bit of research on the "kit" a year or two ago and they were in the 4-5K range, however the exchange rates were not favorable at the time.

If you're willing to ditch a/c or p/s it shouldn't be too hard to build/fab a centrifugal set-up.

Comment

well supposedly there are US dealers - but the ones I've been linked to all have website issues.

If it is in fact $4-5k then I'll be doing a custom kit. That's a ridiculous price for a kit that doesn't even include injectors or software. I may infact just go turbo. I don't like the idea of deleting the AC on a daily.

Comment

Jackson racing I think use a Rotex SC for there fit application but thats all I know about them.
            sigpic

Comment

Yea they don't make kits for BMW's

Comment

Schmiedmann was the last company I know of to sell them, and they stopped selling them a while ago.

FYI, it's Rotrex, not Rotex.

According to the Rotrex site application guide, there is no current m20 product...

Maybe try contacting Rotrex directly, or these guys, to figure out what's up.

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Go budget style and piece together a system and contact ( rs4pro3 ) for your megasquirt needs and get you a SC from a Ford thunderbird for cheap! PM rs4pro3 or Tn325i who can probably provide some pictures and information on what they did to set theirs up...

:p

Comment

The C30 is on Kraftwerks site for $2200

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yea, the SC's are easy to find - it's the M20 kits that are non existent.

Thanks for the info Atomic

Comment

Working...
                      X