No announcement yet.

just let them breath...m10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just saying putting FI e30 m10 stuff on 2002 takes some work, some 2002 guys don't want to do any of it and like to keep it the way it is. e30 m10s are all single row I am pretty sure.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm in that boat, at least for now. My carb is simple. My cam driven fuel pump is simple, and spare parts fit in the glove box.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        I was just saying putting FI e30 m10 stuff on 2002 takes some work, some 2002 guys don't want to do any of it and like to keep it the way it is. e30 m10s are all single row I am pretty sure.

jean you are right...
        but i think you can just swap out the gears...
        Attached Files
        bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
        sigpic

Comment

is it okay to floor it when the m10 is still cold? I know its a pretty tough engine, but what could I be damaging if i did this? reason is, I have to leave for school at 630 inthe morning and dont want to warm it up everyday

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
          You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Normally I would make a sarcastic remark about you needing to floor it on your way to school, but it's an M10, so you probably need to floor it to back out of your parking space, or really any time you're not sitting still. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
              is it okay to floor it when the m10 is still cold? I know its a pretty tough engine, but what could I be damaging if i did this? reason is, I have to leave for school at 630 inthe morning and dont want to warm it up everyday
              thats funny you should ask
              that really was the only time i would baby my m10
              i dont know if it was in my head but it seemed like it ran better once the oil was warm and running through the engine...

i like to let the temp gauge at least hit the white line before driving it.
              but the warm up time on it when it was stock ( the 2002) was like forever!!!!

now it gets hot in like 2 minutes...but its not my dd so i really only run it when its a warm sunny day.

my 318i has to be hot to be happy... i just got all the shorts out of the FI so it runs a little better cold now...but still runs like shit when its cold...

bottom line ...i d say warm it up

id start a new thread and see what other answers you get...
              but there is no shortage of dumb ass remarks on this site.
              bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
                Seriously let it warm up a little. With that being said, if I don't have the time to warm up I don't go past 3 grand unless I have to, then it's about 3700 tops.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

^ Agreed on the comments by Gone and Holland... I always give it at least 2-3 minutes before I get going. And even then, I won't punch it till the oil temp gauge is at normal. I would rather be 2-3 minutes late from warming up my car then end up having no car at all...
                  "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

keep in mind that it is really not that cold here in OC. when I leave the house its like 50 F. Lets say I just start the car and floor it to school, 2 miles away, every day for the next 2 months- what would happen?

You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

your head gasket wouldn't like it very much

Comment

the planets would miss aligne and worlds would colide....

naw bro in the short run nothing would happen
                        in the long run you are shortening the life of you motor...

cars hate short trips where they dont get to warm up to full running temp
                        youre just putting more wear on your bearings and cylinder walls.

eventually you will have power loss due to scrathes in cylinder walls and proably permature valve wear...

no biggie if you dont mind rebuilding your engine....
                        bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                          the planets would miss aligne and worlds would colide....

naw bro in the short run nothing would happen
                          in the long run you are shortening the life of you motor...

cars hate short trips where they dont get to warm up to full running temp
                          youre just putting more wear on your bearings and cylinder walls.

eventually you will have power loss due to scrathes in cylinder walls and proably permature valve wear...

no biggie if you dont mind rebuilding your engine....
                          or replacing it with an s50. soon the m10 will be long gone, hopefully before this august

Comment

let me know when you dump that m10....
                            bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

no, let me know when you dump that m10.

Comment

Working...
                              X