E21 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E21 Question

My friend has an e21 '82 320i auto and i want to know if there is anyway i can use the auto radiator from my '90 325is on his e21? thanks!
    '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
    '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
    '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
    '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

honestly you could but it would require some modding. AND im not entirely sure if it could physically fit due to sizing but...

1. the m20 radiator doesnt have a fil cap; it uses a reservoir. to get around this, you could cut the upper hose and clamp in a remote water neck filler.

2. do you want to use the stock transmission cooler? the location may differ from the m10 rad and m20 rad as with the fittings. When i used a manual rad in my auto m10, i just routed the transmission lines to a regular oil cooler from a truck...

3. how are you going to mount it? like i said earlier, it may not fit physically, i dont know the dimensions of the e21/e30 but if it does, it shouldnt be to hard. from looking at the inlet/outlet of the radiator, you probably just need to extend the hoses a little bit

this is how i would go about putting an m20 radiator in an m10 e30
    ?

Comment

it will not work.
      Ich bin erstaunlich!

Comment

orly
        ?

Comment

Typically the locations for inlet and outlet on M10 radiators are Top Left and Bottom Right.
          Typically the locations for inlet and outlet on M20 radiators are Top Right and Bottom Left.

There are exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by SoopaGhetto View Post
            orly
            ya, rry. how does over heating sound!:)
            Ich bin erstaunlich!

Comment

Originally posted by southgabimmer View Post
              ya, rry. how does over heating sound!:)

lol sounds very very bad, but what does that have to do with this?
              ?

Comment

Working...
              X