No announcement yet.

underhood color YAY/NAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a blue valve cover. haven't touched anything else in color but i think it looks nice.

new car will have it purple to match my hood
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop?? ;-)
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    But of course
    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I used VHT wrinkle paint as well. It seems pretty fucking durable, you just gotta bake it

Comment

i dont have much green to spare, id rather bake than use a brush on paint, maybe idfk :blowup:
        The day I bought my e30, was the day I became sophisticated and classy as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
          Lol how'd this wind up in the m10 forum?

Talk about being banished to the darkest corners of r3v ;-)
          It was posted in General Discussion. With this posted right ontop of the page http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=98 So i took a look at the OPs profile. Has 84 e30 with an M10. So it got moved to correct forum.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

after some intimate time with allison, (318i) i was horrified to find most if not all oil pan bolts loose. Which explained one leak, so much caked grease and oil all over everything, so the block is already black until further notice.

now the easy

The manifold is actually pink, or a really freaking old red, not that its been mentioned. I Think the valve cover would be so bitchen if polished, the intake manifold would be awesome in a gloss black to match body. WHen i finish building my harley i will get to strip allison down and paint the subframe, arms, rods, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              It was posted in General Discussion. With this posted right ontop of the page http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=98 So i took a look at the OPs profile. Has 84 e30 with an M10. So it got moved to correct forum.
              I figured that is what happened. Although I6 owners could have been inspired, no hard feelings.

Comment

Painted mine a Laguna ish blue that matched my weaves at the time

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  I see... I was half joking, knowing how few of us m10 owners/enthusiasts there are, and I did assume the OP had an m20. I might have expected appearance/cosmetic, but no matter.
                  '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                  '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

I know a guy who does some classy motor restorations, here's a video of him:

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                      I know a guy who does some classy motor restorations, here's a little tast of his skills:

ftfy
                      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Working...
                      X