Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 Coolant Hoses

Hey guys so i just picked up a e21 320i from a buddy for free
    and i need to get it running. It looks like theres a big hose on the drivers side thats been cut and all the coolant has leaked out of there. Im pretty such its supposed to attach somewhere on the block, but i just don't know where. thanks if you have any ideas!

take a pic.

there's only one big hose on the driver's side and that should connect to the radiator.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry its not "that" big of a hose but it comes off of a t and then runs down next to the oil filter and its cut...
      Attached Files

Comment

trace it back to the top and tell us what it's connected to.
        sigpic

Comment

So it looks like its attached to a 3 hose T connector piece. One hose facing up makes a 180 degree bend and faces down its seems to be some vent type deal. The second one faces down and it is the cut hose in the picture. The last hose goes up facing the block and its a long hose that goes all the way across the front of the engine to the exhaust manifold...im guessing its a return which would explain all the coolant coming through the other hose...but i have no idea thanks

Comment

does the "T connector" look like this?:
            sigpic

Comment

The M10 has a top rad hose, a lower rad hose, a 'bypass' hose, a short coupler (all 1 1/2" or so)
              and a heater circuit.(all 3/4" od or so)

On the E21, the heater circuit comes off the back of the head, goes
              into the car, then comes back out to attach to a long
              metal pipe that runs along the block and eventually runs back into the
              water pump.
              The throttle body heater (quite small hose) has one nipple on the block,
              and one nipple on that long pipe.

Best I can recall.

That hose you show doesn't ring a bell.

And there shouldn't be a coolant hose down there- does it branch off the metal pipe?

odd.

in for more pics... can you show where that hose originates from?

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

okay so this isn't the thermostat since it's
                on the other side if the block. there's three
                black hoses that connect to it, the middle one
                runs all the way across the front of the block and connects t
                to the exhaust manifold...the hose on the right side of the tee, facing up
                does a u turn bend and isn't connected, the last hose is
                facing down and it's cut at an angle idk where it goes

there is a vacuum hose that connects to he side of tht
                t connector and it goes all the way to the top
                of the 3rd cylinder on the intake. I'll upload more pics
                but it's hard to get a good look

for all i know it may be a heater thing, but that doesn't explain the pool of coolant under it haha
                edit* its the air pump blow off valve apparently according to a diagram...now I just don't know where the bottom hose goes
                Last edited by npag206; 09-24-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

There can't be coolant coming from that hose if it's connected to the exhaust manifold.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah its the air blow off valve i just figured it out. i have no idea where this bottom hose connects to tho, its leaking coolant from somewhere else then

Comment

Working...
                    X