Rough idle/power surge/fuel problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough idle/power surge/fuel problem?

Well,for about two days now and mostly when the engine is cold I start the car and it has really rough idle to the point that it dies if I don't press the accelerator a bit. I get a slight hint of unburned petrol and also if I take away and under steady acceleration there is some power surge as if I take off my foot slightly from the pedal and lots of fumes from the exhaust when I press hard on the accelerator as if the car runs really rich under acceleration. There's some buzzing from my external petrol pump but that's the case for the last 6-7 years though.

*After the engine is warm* everything weird stops and I have the usual power/acceleration/idle (!).

I'll check intake hoses, spark plugs, relays, fuses and fuel filter today and see what I'll do next if it persists. I was having some slight roughness on idle for some months now (800 +- 50rpm) but nothing more than that so I payed no real attention till the point of the problems I describe above...

It's a 1985 euro M10 L Jetronic.
    Any ideas?

Not sent by me.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
    It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
    you arent in the right mind set.

LOL Changing an worn air intake hose and fuel filter seemed to fix everything...

Not sent by me.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
    It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
    you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

If you have another ECU, try it. Also, check your AFM flap for binding.

Comment

Working...
      X