Sudden coolant loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden coolant loss?

I have gotten steady coolant loss weekly. The car seems to do fine for 500 miles and since I always top off coolant at that interval she takes a whole bottle? The needle goes a bit past the half mark at times right before I add the coolant. What gives? She has no leaks. Please help, if anyone knows what's going on, thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

no coolant in your oil?
    have you been running your heater? Any leaks into your footwell?
    Again, if you just used the search function on this forum you'd find places to check. Please chill with the new threads every day
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

No coolant in oil boss , and she does great another 100 miles road trip and no hiccups, I'm just curious what's going on. Heater and ac work great so far

Comment

My e30 was leaking coolant at around 2-3k RPMs, when idling, no leak. It wasn’t until i revved my engine manually in the engine bay that i saw a small leak on the left plastic radiator tank, right by the expanison tank hose. The car will have to be at operating temperature for this to work.

Comment

Well its got to be going somewhere.

Best bet is to get a cooling system pressure tester kit. Comes with an adaptor that goes on the radiator and a little pump. pressurise it up to about your radiator cap pressure. and if it doesn't hold pressure you have issues.

i found a few pin hole leaks in hoses like this that only show up once the cooling system gets to pressure.

Comment

Thank you so much I will do the pressure test boss

Comment

Does white smoke ever come out of the exhaust?

Can you smell coolant when you are driving the car?
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                Does white smoke ever come out of the exhaust?

Can you smell coolant when you are driving the car?
                No white smoke that I notice, only barely it shows when cold them goes away I do notice a strong odor every now and then , it's strange as engine runs fine and coolant isn't mixing oil boss , I might have a leak, but my parking is always spotless?

Comment

Working...
                X