M10 vacuum hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 vacuum hose

So one of my friends from school asked me to come by and help him with his E30 a few days ago and he is having trouble locating where this hose is supposed to attach. I flipped through my bently but did not come across any solid information. It attaches to the box with the red knob. If anyone could tell me where this goes or point me to a helpful thread that would be great.
    Attached Files
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Check the distributor, could be a vacume line from there or under the intak mani.

On my old car, I had a vacume hose connected on distributor and dont know for sure if that was the one.

Comment

i think the red box is connected to the distributer. that car had an M10?;)
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What else goes to the "red cap"? That might better determine what else goes to it

Comment

hmm

Comment

Does anyone still run an M10 these days?

Comment

i do... and yes the vacuum hose going to the intake or dizzy. the red thing it a vent for the dizzy adance thingy.
              84' 318i m30b35 swapped!

Comment

so where should i plug it in? whats a dizzy?

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                  so where should i plug it in? whats a dizzy?
                  Distributor, near the battery.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

well thats where the other end is attached. the other hose coming off the red box thing is coming from the distributer. Does this one go there too?

Comment

Hmm, there might be 2? I am just not sure

Comment

so basically this just routs back to the distributer?

Comment

the distributor aka dizzy thingy has two lines.. one goes to the distributor and the other into the intake manifold.
                          84' 318i m30b35 swapped!

Comment

Originally posted by flawdaboi407 View Post
                            the distributor aka dizzy thingy has two lines.. one goes to the distributor and the other into the intake manifold.
                            Ya so where on the intake does it go? thats what i have been trying to find

Comment

Working...
                            X