Fuel Leak Diagnose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Leak Diagnose

Hello everyone I am relatively new to the e30 community. My car has been experiencing a fuel leak after start ups. It is in engine bay of driver's side. Any input would be helpful. Thank you

I don't think that's an M10 engine. Can you provide your year/model/region? Motor configurations differed around the world.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

That looks to be an m42. There are two feed/return lines that come along the driver side under the car into the engine bay from under need. There is a bracket, which you can see in your photos. If you follwo that up, there are two small pieces of fuel hose to the fuel rail. They normally crack with old age and need to be replaced. If you dont know about these engines and to have space, the upper intake needs to come off. If you know or have small hands, you can do it from underneath the intake.
      Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
      BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
        I don't think that's an M10 engine. Can you provide your year/model/region? Motor configurations differed around the world.
        Yes, sorry about that. It's a 1988 318i m40 engine. I am in Europe

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
          That looks to be an m42. There are two feed/return lines that come along the driver side under the car into the engine bay from under need. There is a bracket, which you can see in your photos. If you follwo that up, there are two small pieces of fuel hose to the fuel rail. They normally crack with old age and need to be replaced. If you dont know about these engines and to have space, the upper intake needs to come off. If you know or have small hands, you can do it from underneath the intake.
          Sorry I didn't specify. It's an m40 engine, I am based in Europe (I know they didnt make these in the states). However I think the m42s are relatively the same with some minor changes. I will take a look at what you mentioned. Thank you for the input man.

Comment

Working...
          X