Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil pooling in head near front of intake rocker arm shaft (17s video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pooling in head near front of intake rocker arm shaft (17s video)

Hello, here is the video:

I don't believe I noticed this the last time I had the valve cover off. The only thing that has changed since then is oil (syn 5W40 to conv 15W40) and..time.
    Unfortunately I don't know many details about the M20's lubrication system so I have no idea whether this is normal, and if not what could be causing it.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Looks like an M20 to me.

Oil's dripped onto the cam to keep it alive,
    and gravity pulls it back down into the pan
    to make the trip again.

t
    doesn't usually look at such things.
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Nice video i wonder why oil is not spraying all over the place i always thought that oil is flowing everywhere behind the valve cover to lubricate topend lol or maybe this is normal.

Comment

It gets a bit more exciting at 5500, but naw, it's just drip- drip- derp up top.

Now, in the crankcase, there's a bit more to see.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

It means that m20 is lacking lubrication to the topend. Mine has a knock noise from one valve and it is more hearable if idle drop to 650rpm .It mean that at idle lubrication is not sufficient. I once tried a can of ABRO premium oil treatment and i noticed that topend noise is reduced noticeably.
          I looked badly for the same product where i live with no luck, I heard that oil tratment additive has the zinc thing that flat tappet needs and i think it made protictive film to reduse friction when lubrication is low.

Comment

Working...
          X