Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct Throttle Body Part Number for my car? 2 different part numbers on RealOEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Throttle Body Part Number for my car? 2 different part numbers on RealOEM

I have a July 1987 325i Convertible with an Automatic Transmission. I am looking to purchase a whole new Throttle Body Assembly. The problem I am having is RealOEM shows me two different part numbers for my car.

I have attached a screenshot from RealOEM. Does any one know the differences between these two part numbers?

I see one says "Code AL" and one says "Code AN" does anyone know what these codes mean? And the "Code AN" says "Eh" at the end of the description, any idea what that means?
    Attached Files

I think your picture starts to answer it. -65 is early model, -66 is late. Although another reference shows -65 up to 12/1990 instead of 1/1989.

Digging slightly further shows that transmission "EH" is a 4HP22-FE 24001217421 at least in E34s. So it seems that -65 is the one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      I think your picture starts to answer it. -65 is early model, -66 is late. Although another reference shows -65 up to 12/1990 instead of 1/1989.

Digging slightly further shows that transmission "EH" is a 4HP22-FE 24001217421 at least in E34s. So it seems that -65 is the one for you.
      Thank you very much, I really do appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate it
        Sure, but be sure to do a visual comparison before you order in case that info isn't right for whatever reason.

Comment

The EH transmission was installed in the European models, and it was smarter. A European car would have a switch near the gear shifter.

The electronic part that is attached at the bottom is different.

This is the EH model.
          https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/13631707320/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/13631710559/

It's interesting to notice that the EH throttle body is $100 cheaper. But there are cheap alternatives to the regular electronic position switch.
          Last edited by Vincenze; 05-16-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X